Pirate 4x4 banner

901 - 920 of 953 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,409 Posts
i put some 63's in my 86 DD and now when i drive it, the hole truck shakes around 50mph. is this caused by the springs or something else?:laughing:
Unless your shackles/bushing bolts are loose, then it is something else.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Ok, for anybody needing a SINGLE (2 halves) of an Energy Suspension poly bushing for the spring eyes:

Go to suspension.com, scroll down to the bottom, and call the "orders only" number. Part number for the bushing is 2101, they're $2.75 each, and make sure to have them shipped USPS for cheapest shipping.

You'll also need your credit card on hand.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
i have a question and i did search here and some other forums but found nothing. Sky's off road has a kit (front hangers, shackles and shackle hanger) to do the swap and i hear its well worth the money. that kit says for chevy 63's. BUT they have another kit that says Chevy rear spring combo and has a the parts listed above plus u-bolt flip kit, shock mount bar and shocks but says its for Chevy 62's ????????? my searching has only came across one other thread on another Toyota forum and the guy says he grabbed a set of springs off a 2000 Chevy 1500 that measure 62" and the responses on that thread were useless. QUESTION IS: is the Combo kit on SKY's actually for 62s or did they mean 63's? is there a 62" springs on the chevy 1500's that may be mistaken for 63's? anyone run across this. thanks in advance. please be light on the flaming, my skin is sensitive this time of year :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
this kit?

Toyota Rear Chevy Leaf Spring Conversion Combo - Sky's Off-road Design

im sure it was a typo. wouldn't matter anyways since you are mounting both hangers in new spots, just set and burn with what springs you get
Yep thats the one. that's what i thought, but i saw it says 62" twice on that page (making me think it was no accident). but i guess if there having someone else do there website for them they wouldnt know. but thanks for the reply :smokin: Oh and if anyone else has a thought throw it out there. wait this is pirate.... i dont have to tell them :flipoff2: Thanks Again !

·
Registered
65 Posts
:eek: oh i think maybe they did that to confuse fart smellas...i mean smart fellas like you and make you spend the night googling trying to figure out the difference between 63 and 62 inch springs :laughing:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to relocate my rear axle back around 6" from stock on my 91 4runner. Anybody know how far back, if anything, I can mount these springs without having to extend the rear frame?? Is this alxe relocation even possible to do with leafs and no frame extension??

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
:eek: oh i think maybe they did that to confuse fart smellas...i mean smart fellas like you and make you spend the night googling trying to figure out the difference between 63 and 62 inch springs :laughing:
i think your right, :shaking: but its good to have such a fine group of people :rainbow: to answer these questions, thank you! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm putting a 3" trail mart solid axle swap kit in the front of my 93 4runner, I'd like to run Chevys in the back with the Skys
Toyota-Chevy Drop Link Shackle Leaf Spring Conversion Kit.

I'm gonna try to find the 4x4 chev springs with the over load, and mess around with those. I'm trying to avoid lift blocks. Is there any thing other than the lift blocks that have you guys done to get your chevy's to sit level?

Either way, i'm gonna go with it and get to work on the swap/ Figure it out my self.
Was just wondering if any body had any advise.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm putting a 3" trail mart solid axle swap kit in the front of my 93 4runner, I'd like to run Chevys in the back with the Skys

I'm gonna try to find the 4x4 chev springs with the over load, and mess around with those. I'm trying to avoid lift blocks. Is there any thing other than the lift blocks that have you guys done to get your chevy's to sit level?

Either way, i'm gonna go with it and get to work on the swap/ Figure it out my self.
i made my own front pack using a jeep waggy main leaf and in the chevy pack i moved my spring mount back 3 inches and made uber long shackels thier 9 inches long i used metal from home depot :homer: i used to peaces on each side of the shackle so its stiff plus i braced it in the middle my truck sits leval and the pinion angle is awsome i would say its about 3 inches of lift compared to my budys stock truck

·
Registered
326 Posts
I am just in the process of hanging my 63s right now. Mine are a 2 leaf pack with an overload from a 2WD truck and I have fabbed my own sping mount and shackle hangers.
I have a RUF pack up front that seems to sit good and will see how these 63s match up out back.
I will try and remember to post back when I have them set and will post a pic. I am trying for the least amount of lift and to stay flexy with 35s.

·
Registered
179 Posts

I'm going to use a zero rate, it adds 1 inch lift. It's not really a block because the centering pin bolts it to leaf pack.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
I want to relocate my rear axle back around 6" from stock on my 91 4runner. Anybody know how far back, if anything, I can mount these springs without having to extend the rear frame?? Is this alxe relocation even possible to do with leafs and no frame extension??
Nope...maybe an inch depending how your bumper mounts are

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have a 6" lift on my 04 tacoma and would like to get rid of the aal and blocks, what would be the best combo of springs to keep my lift height? Alcan quoted me $600 and all pro is around $400. Figured chevy springs would b the way to go. Would just like a nice ride, have air bags to take care of towing / weight. Any insight would be greatly appteciated

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just bought some lower shock mounts from skys offroad and welded them on my axle. They work great, I'm able to use my stock upper shock mounts, and they allow you to use longer shocks because the mount is about 3 inches lower than if you were to mount them on top of your axle tube.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So I read most of the 37 pages before asking but does anyone know how well the 63's and rufs hold up if you were to throw some 60s under them? would it work to just throw in an extra leaf to compensate for weight?

901 - 920 of 953 Posts