Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a great deal on some 63 chevys......question is does anybody swap out the bushings or leave them stock, anybody even experiment with this?

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
LOL... I misread the title before I clicked...

"What would anyone want sixty three bushings for?" :confused:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
still got hte rubbers in after about 4 years and they are startin to spit out the sides....thinkin about the urethanes too, but don't know might be bad fer flex.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just finished drilling out my old Chevy bushings and replaced them with Urethane's. I should have the springs on by next week to see how they do with the new bushings installed. The urethanes that I purchased needed to have the original metal shell that the old bushings sit in removed. Was a bit of a pain, but a hack saw can slide in between the spring eye (18 tooth recommended- I don't have fancy tools :( ). After cutting through the shell, simply pound it out and stick the new ones in.. I think they are Energy Suspension Urethane's....

·
Registered
976 Posts
Wouldn't happen to have part numbers for the chevy bushings, would ya??? I need some.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Supposedly it's p/n 3.2128G aabout $44 according to a post a couple weeks ago. Don't have the link, but I wrote down the number.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm in the middle of doing my Chevy swap also. My springs had one of the bushings missing so I had a new one put in. The sleeve from the old one was still there and I didn't feel like messing with it so I brought it to the spring shop and they just torched it out.
For stock bushing, torching out the old sleeve and inserting the new bushing it was only $9.
I checked with Chevy too, their price was like $16 a bushing!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
oops, sorry energy suspension supposedly. $53 is kinda high on the price at that site you listed, saw them for $44 at a local store (Tognottis) last week.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
$44 at Tognottis huh, right around the corner.......one question any change in flex good or bad???

·
Registered
557 Posts
from my experience, polyurathane bushings are a lot stiffer therefore reducing flex. However, they last bout 10 times longer than the stock rubber ones. Just need to figgure what is more important, flex or longevity.

Iwould choose the rubber ones, they're cheap enough to replace and i want as much flex as poss.
Just my two pennies

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I used poly in all my stuff.....remember the grease the bolts/sleeve before installing you will be helping yourself in the long run (they won't rust together) ..:D :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts