Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im kinda pondering on the whole rear leaf set up i like the 63" chevys and the way they ride but im hearing alot of good things about allpros rear springs i was kinda wondering which route i should take? mind u that i am swapping in my full widths in when i do my springs!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
DoWnShIfT said:
im kinda pondering on the whole rear leaf set up i like the 63" chevys and the way they ride but im hearing alot of good things about allpros rear springs i was kinda wondering which route i should take? mind u that i am swapping in my full widths in when i do my springs!
Go with 63" Chevy springs.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I went with Chevy's based on cost. $100 for Sky's mounting kit (hangers and shackles) plus $80 for a used set of springs. Go with All Pros or Marlins and you'll probably be over $500 after you get springs, hangers, shackles and have it shipped. Also, All-Pro 4" springs seem almost too tall to me. The lift is more like 7" compared to stock.

·
Registered
60 Posts
chevy's

Chevy's all the way. the longer the better. Cheep, and very functional. thats the point. I run 44044E's up front and chev's in the back. :smokin: the flex and ride is sweet.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Cheby's and I have a set for sale. PM me.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Another vote for AP, last truck had them, Trucktrader & Whitebro can vouch they worked excellent, and using AP on the current 85 Runner buildup - but then I'm kinda biased toward All Pro... I'm not building a chevy or junk, so why use chevy junk on your Yota?

·
Registered
37 Posts
ok EXTREMELY newbie question here how much do chevy's in the rear lift your truck? if you put chevy's in the rear what is the best front suspension to run with it to make it equal?

·
Registered
40 Posts
roknzuk said:
ok EXTREMELY newbie question here how much do chevy's in the rear lift your truck? if you put chevy's in the rear what is the best front suspension to run with it to make it equal?
i think i've seen 2-3 inches, if u want higher, use a block

i'd like to do chevies on my truck too but iono how to weld

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
if your on a tight budget and don't mind the sacrafice in performance the chevys are a good alternitave to a quality made spring.

I have been running AP sprins on several diffrent rigs for years and thay are solid performers. I have never run full widths with them but I do have them inboarded on my wifes formula toy so the leverage is probally similar.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
nightcrawler said:
:flipoff2:

No Sarcasm :flipoff2:

Chevys are so long in the rear it makes a bed bob usless, you WILLl drag them over rocks.......... ASK me how I know :shaking:

Once your done fawking with the set up on chevys, you end up at almost the same price point.

I did a 2" block, then the full lenght add A leaf, then gave up and bought lifted chevys ...........

I will just buy real springs to begin with next time, BUT now I have my mounts all set up for the chevys :(

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have been running chevy rears for a couple of years now. I like them, cheap, easy to find, good ride, good flex. They only lift the truck 2" so you need blocks, but you are going to buy u-bolt flip kit anyways right?

Definately read the FAQ, though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Clay said:
I have been running chevy rears for a couple of years now. I like them, cheap, easy to find, good ride, good flex. They only lift the truck 2" so you need blocks, but you are going to buy u-bolt flip kit anyways right?
what front suspension do you run?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Dragging the back half over rocks is no big deal, it's never held me up. I hate how long they are in front. Mine are inboarded and I still get hung up on them.

I also hate that once you bugify your ride they don't flex at all. They need some weight on 'em. They're getting scrapped for some other junk yard pos's.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts