Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been throught the 63" FAQ thread, helpful but Looking for some guidance from you yota guys running em cause you know the most. Building a ex cab ranger 4.0 with a d44 up front. Got my 63's from a burban. 4 leaves+Overload. What should I remove to run em on the range. Its heavy with the 4.0 and ex cab, but I'm looking for max flex. Sometimes has my moto bike in the back but thast weighs so little I dont think it matters.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
dont remove any leafs at first then see if you want to change it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
at least pull/cut down the overload leaf. I'm running 3 leaves + a cut down overload as an antiwrap device and its still a little stiff for me. I dont have much weight in the back though.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Im running the 3 leaf+overload on my runner and it stuffs nicely. Droop is something to be desired however. I left the overload there because it acts as a bumpstop.

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
Im running the 3 leaf+overload on my runner and it stuffs nicely. Droop is something to be desired however. I left the overload there because it acts as a bumpstop.
does the front side of the overload catch rocks?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I'm running the 3 leaves w/o the overload and it does ok. not much for droop. Doesn't matter cause it's all getting tossed.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Run what you have and see if you like it.
Cut the overload at the back of the spring perch, and 8" in front of the spring perch.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The 63 chebbys aren't really that great my buddies rear ranger spring pack flexed really well in his 85 better than chevy ones do. Even f150 rear springs I thinck are a little better. But put it together and see what you think. I wouldn't use the lift block that came with them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I run 3 leaves plus overload because I haven't gotten around to bumpstops yet. Its a bit firmer than it should be for normal wheeling (driver, passenger, cooler, spare tire), but it works beautifully when the truck is fully loaded with gear. I think three leaves with no overload (or cut down overload) would probably be ideal, but be sure to get your bumpstops dialed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts