Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
As 73FJ says circle the wagons! Always great to see another one coming back from the clutches of the crusher. Really dig the maverick model.

·
Registered
457 Posts
So glad you are building it with a low COG as they look comical up high!
The new shock tower position will be much stronger than the large cutout in the frame you had too.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Found some more shop time today. Packaging issues. Recessed the frame and mocked up tower. Full extension just barely clears. Can’t get full compression, tire hits shock. Might try a 1.5” spacer then get wheels with correct backspacing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Got the pass and driver floor pans in and tookbox re-attached. Still need to patch tunnel and make the trans cover.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Anyone have a tubing roller in the Placerville area? I need to roll some 1/2” tubing to make some rear fender edges. Exactly like this.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Front shock hoops welded, I’ll make a cross bar later.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
My uncle had a tubing roller and I got the rear fender trims bent and tacked.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice, I just drove my 57 for the first time today since I swapped the motor and coil over suspension. My front hoops are very similar to yours.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Rear ARB and gears installed. In hindsight I should have installed locker before welding on truss. Was tricky getting those little o-rings on the copper tubing.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,933 Posts
Kick ass. Looking good.

I kinddah wish i went this route with mine but I needed to do something other than building an offroad toy for a change.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Front and rear arb lockers and gears installed.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Changed motors again! 305 to 350 to 5.3. Anyone need a 350?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am looking around for axles to swap under my 1961 Willys Wagon. I see you used a 14 bolt in the rear and a Dana 60 front axle. What is the front axle out of? what year?

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Front 60 is out of a 78-79 Ford F-250 snow fighter package. I think I paid $900 but it was a long time ago. Got the 14 bolt from pick-n-pull. Ruffstuff has all the 14 bolt goodies including cover, guards, trusses, brake brackets and loaded calipers with parking brake provisions.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts