Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 66 f100 4x4 for $300 and was trying to get some info on it. Attempted a search, no go. Someone has swapped in a 390 but other than that i havn't been able to tell to much. just looking for the basics and any FE building tips.
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,316 Posts
Try here http://www.ford-trucks.com/
Good site for general info on your new truck.
There is a '61-'66 Truck forum, a 'FE' Forum just for the engines.

Good luck.


Eric
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
557 Posts
i own a '69 f-100 it has a 9 inch rear and a high pinion 44 in the front with a 360 and a 6.3 to 1 transmission the
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,591 Posts
Alan Reynolds said:
Just bought a 66 f100 4x4 for $300 and was trying to get some info on it. Attempted a search, no go. Someone has swapped in a 390 but other than that i havn't been able to tell to much. just looking for the basics and any FE building tips.
Thanks
Alan,

Is there any chanse I can get to to take some pictures of your Front axle? I'd like to have a copy of as many as your willing to share. Also I'd need the Dana Bill Of Matierals (BOM) off the axle, front tube center of axle (see my article for more BOM info) Thanks.

O yeah, $20 says it's a High Pinion (if it's still the stock axle)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mr N, Yeah it's the HP RS 44 with the open king pin knuckles. I'll get you some pics, but it'll be a while. I'll have the BOM info for you by this weekend. By the way kick ass article you got started:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,591 Posts
Alan Reynolds said:
Mr N, Yeah it's the HP RS 44 with the open king pin knuckles. I'll get you some pics, but it'll be a while. I'll have the BOM info for you by this weekend. By the way kick ass article you got started:D
Can't wait for the BOM and pics! I'm sure I'll be adding the info to my article, glad you liked it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,142 Posts
Hey Alan post some pics sometime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
MR. N,
I'm getting a 68 F100 and the guy told me it was a LP D44 but the chunk is gone. is their any way to tell if it is with out the chunk(he said it was 3.5???)? I don't know if it is or not you are probably right but it's worth a shot at that twenty!
I'm haveing it delivered as soon as we dry up here.

Daniel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,591 Posts
CHOPPEDBII said:
MR. N,
I'm getting a 68 F100 and the guy told me it was a LP D44 but the chunk is gone. is their any way to tell if it is with out the chunk(he said it was 3.5???)? I don't know if it is or not you are probably right but it's worth a shot at that twenty!
I'm haveing it delivered as soon as we dry up here.
Daniel
Not sure I'm following you with chunk. 1966 is the only year that makes me worried I might loss. :p I'd love to see a pic either way Daniel. (Remeber stock axle for the truck, no swaps)

For those reading along, and new to the list I'll pay $20 for a pic of a low pinion 1/2 ton Ford Dana 44
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
no problem! I'll take pics either way. when I said "chunk" I ment the carrier. isn't the back of the housing different, or the BOM different? sorry I'm new at the full size stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,591 Posts
CHOPPEDBII said:
no problem! I'll take pics either way. when I said "chunk" I ment the carrier. isn't the back of the housing different, or the BOM different? sorry I'm new at the full size stuff.
The carrier is the same as a regulare Dana 44 carrier, yeah yeah split the gears. The gears adn center pumpkin housing are different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,591 Posts
66CJdean said:
A 66 should have a low pinion closed knuckle kingpin 44 front with a 60-2 5 lug rear.
I'll bet you one hummer rim (no run-flat bead lock, just two halfs) against one of your hummer centers that all stock 1966 Ford F100 4x4 with a Dana 44 are high pinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,719 Posts
Here all this time I thought 73 was when they first started....
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top