Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can tell you guys who are contemplating getting your rims modified CONTACT HIM! Here are my rims that I got back about 2 weeks ago I knew he did quality work but DAMN SON-VERY IMPRESSIVE. Looking at the weld looks like a roll of nickles on it's side (the way it should normally). I painted them with Rustoleum "Hammerite" Silver/gloss black beadlock rig. And yes I put stubby CHROME valve stems....(for you CAMO-BLING BLING-LOL). I mounted my new 39.5x18x16.5 BOGGERS on them....took a whole 5 min. to do!. I got 2 done yesterday before I noticed that I needed 5 more 7/16 bolts for the magnesium runflats to bolt together (Anyone have ideas where to get these?). I called "Daniel" and he doesn't have any .....****! Here are pics of the 2 I got mounted yesterday.....
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,169 Posts
Look at that mighty fine work. Dean does do good work. Must be the neighborhood he grew up in. Wheels look good, do you have any better pics of the boggers on those wheels. That is the combo I was thinking of. Thanks Kevin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IndyCJ said:
Just go get some 2" 7/16"s grade 8 bolts, with ny-lock nuts, that'll do the trick.

BTW, looks awesome! I might be giving Dean a shout soon! What backspacing did you go with?
Yeag daniel told me the same but looking at the way they are made they look like a "centering pin" with threads on the end. I'll get the bolts and check the "slop factor" today. I went with a 4 in. BS on the rim so my HEAVY JUNK will slam on them & I'll have peace in my mind that the "shock load" is centered...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PurdueYJ said:
those look awesome....been contemplating doin that myself...

can you tell me a price? did shipping kill you?
Thanks.....Yeah me & Dean were talking about the paint scheme and he and I agreed that the silver centers would look sweet with the black lock ring...

S&H for the 4 rims/lock rings/insured were a little over $100.00 from WEST coast to here in VA (15 min. from ocean). I mailed him everything so he could blast the military paint off everything....that stuff is CONCRETE!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KYODER said:
Look at that mighty fine work. Dean does do good work. Must be the neighborhood he grew up in. Wheels look good, do you have any better pics of the boggers on those wheels. That is the combo I was thinking of. Thanks Kevin
what exactly are you looking for...i'll get you what u want to look at:D
 

·
nice roach.
Joined
·
5,722 Posts
Damn its about time you started posting project update pix man!!!!! :flipoff2: Lookin good Tim wheeling season is upon us, get that junk together!!!

l8r

-j-rOd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,169 Posts
Shaker said:


what exactly are you looking for...i'll get you what u want to look at:D
basically I wanted to see what they looked like. I was wondering how much the tire crowned on the 8in wheel. I now have a set of hummer wheels, and wanted to go back to boggers. I have run both TSL's and Boggers and thought the boggers did better in some places than the TSL's in the rocks. EXCEPT WET ROCKS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
jhama78 said:
Damn its about time you started posting project update pix man!!!!! :flipoff2: Lookin good Tim wheeling season is upon us, get that junk together!!!

l8r

-j-rOd

Now we need to motivate Shaker off his ass and drag all the trucks up to SLADES PARK or something.

Give me a holler at 303-8286 if you're up to any wheeling this weekend...I have some time off.

Later,
David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jhama78 said:
Damn its about time you started posting project update pix man!!!!! :flipoff2: Lookin good Tim wheeling season is upon us, get that junk together!!!

l8r

-j-rOd
yeah but my junk is last priority.....gotta get everyone else their stuff 1'st...I just walk by my stuff in piles......sniff sniff....lol. It will be done soon.....:flipoff2: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CornbredNE said:



Now we need to motivate Shaker off his ass and drag all the trucks up to SLADES PARK or something.

Give me a holler at 303-8286 if you're up to any wheeling this weekend...I have some time off.

Later,
David
I gotta knock a few SAS jobs out this weekend for the tacoma guys....I'm shooting for GW forest in march....well see....:p :D I just ordered more "stroker" parts for my new motor this summer....:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,720 Posts
I told you the silver would be the trick but they looked even better than I though. The way the rim is shrouds the center so much that it makes it hard to see in there without a bright color like that. I weled them together during the super bowl so I am glad you silver and black turned out better than mine:D
Glad they showed up in one piece.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
66CJdean said:
I told you the silver would be the trick but they looked even better than I though. The way the rim is shrouds the center so much that it makes it hard to see in there without a bright color like that. I weled them together during the super bowl so I am glad you silver and black turned out better than mine:D
Glad they showed up in one piece.
We'll at least these black/silver turned out better than the superbowl-LOL. Yeah everything was fine when delivered....Thanks again for the great job....You end up this way I'll give you a job.....LOL....Take it easy....Tim:D
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top