Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are some of you out there like me who have junked the factory behind the seat gas tank. what are you using instead? I would like to know what make/model and where you mounted it. I would like to mount mine at the back of the frame under the bed between the frame rails. has anyone done this?Also, the truck will be fuel injected so something with an in tank pump would be helpful.

·
Registered
701 Posts
hhmmmmmmmmmmmmm lets see a 86 or nrewer had a fuel injected motor so why not use a tank frome a rear setuop in the dul tanks seems too easy ill ask and see what a truck used one in the rar betwen frame raouils tank ? maybe a chevy had one nope dodge nope musta been a frod yea thats uit a ford aaaaahd a rer tnk i could use :rolleyes:

·
Registered
309 Posts
in the 72 and earlier truck the cargo area or box area of the frame is narrower then the 73 and up truck with the exception of the 3/4 4x4 and cab and chasis truck and the crew cabs so the efi tank won't fit without lots of work however if you can find a 78-79 cab and chasis truck or crew cab (79 crew cab 4x4 got a wider frame) you can use one of those tanks kind of rare oh yeah the super camper specials also had the narrow frame hence the fuel tank back there will also work best bet prolly is to just have a custom tank built to fit the area prolly get more capacity any ways

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks infoford. The problem i'm running into is the narrow frame. I have a later bronco tank at my disposal but even sideways it won't squeeze between the rails. I was thinking maybe some of the import trucks may have narrow enough tanks? any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
701 Posts
ford rangers had dual tank setups get a rear tank from a 86 or newer ranger

·
Registered
309 Posts
that dual tank option ended in 88

·
Registered
701 Posts
well then he has 2 years to find a fuel injected small tank for his application :D
or he can just order a new one, but the option is open and it would fit .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts