Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where are you located? What are you doing with the 196? What were the symptoms of it not able to run right? Nice build by the way.

Nathan
im in mcminnville oregon. bout an hour south of portland.
196 has something wrong with the spark or carb,both of which i replaced with new with still no luck. dont think i dialed it in right. but the engine does have a very nice power steering setup put on by the previouse owner.

How much less does the 4.3 weigh than the 4-banger?
i dont have any hard numbers, but its a lot less. the joke is that im going to gain 3 inches of lift on my front end by doing the swap.

thanks for the comments guys.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Somewhere I figured that a 4.3/700r4 would weigh about the same as a 152/t90. I'd loose weight in the motor, but gain it back in the trans. At least it would be more balanced.

i lifted both (by hand) the 4l60e (700r4) and my t18 tranny, and they both seemed about the same, but i sure know the engine is lighter.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Scout II Version

Same idea just Scout II. 4.3 700R4 NP231/Dana 300 W/Duffys kit. My front does sit a few inches higher after the swap but I will take care of it when I do the spring over.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Same idea just Scout II. 4.3 700R4 NP231/Dana 300 W/Duffys kit. My front does sit a few inches higher after the swap but I will take care of it when I do the spring over.
That 93-94 4.3 is a great engine to use. :smokin:

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Yep! 195 hp from the factory. Which is already more then the 345 was. Then add the headers W/dual exhaust and the better air intake. It really wakes it up. :smokin::smokin:
ARE YOU FUCKING BLINED NOOOB???? :shaking::nuke:

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Looking good:grinpimp: What T/C are you going with?

I'm keeping my IH mill, but really want to get a 700r4 as it has an overdrive which would help a lot on gas mileage, plus I would get the that extra low first gear too. :smokin:

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looking good:grinpimp: What T/C are you going with?

I'm keeping my IH mill, but really want to get a 700r4 as it has an overdrive which would help a lot on gas mileage, plus I would get the that extra low first gear too. :smokin:

using my stock d20, that im rebuilding. (know of any how to vidoes on rebuilding a d20??)

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,032 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts