Pirate 4x4 banner

67 and 69 grills???

763 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  6869704x4 
#1 ·
I have a chance to pick up a 69 K-20. I realy like the looks of the earlier 67 grill and hood combo. Is the grill behind the front grill trim on the 69 the same as the 67 or is it entirely different? What has to be swapped or changed for the 67 nose look??? Is there anyone out there who has been there with this or knows of a site where I can find out????
Also will the hand operated e- brake handles swap into a 69??? I prefer that style over the foot kind.
Thank you,
Dave

#6 ·
If you have the hood, fenders, grille, and hood latch, thats about all you need to swap to a 67 front clip. The hand operated e-brake attackes to the plat under the steeing column, and other than that, I think its just hooking up the cable properly.

#8 ·
Just do what I did, I really wanted a 67 badly but found a 69 for 400 dollars, drove it home and after a while it grows on you and now I would never trade my 69 for a 67, just give it a shot if the truck is a good deal then hell yeah go for it, you can make it look like a 67, best bet find a donor truck and unbolt the core support with the fenders attached, unbolt the fenders form the cab and lift the whole mess off in one piece and plop it onto your truck, with a few sober friends this is very do-able in a matter of hours and it will look exactly how you want it to.

#9 ·
I have already decided to get the 69, and like you say it will more than likely grow on me!!! I might do something cool like paint the grill body color or something like that. The truck presently has 3 different colors: Red box, blue cab and front end except for 1 yellow fender and a yellow tailgate. I think I will shoot the whole thing with a cheapo flat black for the time being.
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.