Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. it is a closed knuckle 44, 67 Chevy truck.I can pick it up cheap. Are the axle shafts necked down or full diameter so they can be cut, shortened and resplined. Does anyone know for sure????
Dave

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like some personal experience maybe there Chief!! What happened anyway man?? It must have been pretty good ?? Is it realy nthat bad of an axle????
Dave aka "Crazy Whiteman"

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
well I have one in my IH truck and the turning radus sucks, the drum brakes suck and they use the same U-joint as a Dana 30 (if you have the small ball type) I have hammerd on my fron pretty hard with balding 35s and havet snaped it yet but i also have a open front end (plat to keep it that way till I get a newer axel) the only pluse side obout them is that they are king pin and if you have a 44 HD (big ball) then they are grate lfor load capasity but thats all ther good for

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That International is one Bad looking truck man!!!! I know the "Corn Binders" are some kinda funny combo of driveline and engine stuff.......but I sure like Yours!!!!!!!!!!

COOOOOOL TRUCK!!!!!!
Dave:cool:

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
wolfthing 2000 said:
That International is one Bad looking truck man!!!! I know the "Corn Binders" are some kinda funny combo of driveline and engine stuff.......but I sure like Yours!!!!!!!!!!

COOOOOOL TRUCK!!!!!!
Dave:cool:

thanks

but friends dont let friends buy old Dana 44s

1 - 7 of 7 Posts