Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wipers on my 67 aren't the greatest. Both wipers start out in sync but after a few swipes their out, one goes one way the other the opposite for awhile then they go back to in sync, very distracting . They have only one speed = slower. Anybody have a suggestion, besides swapping in a later model window frame, on any replacement mechanisum from something else that will give me a couple of speeds and in sync wipers.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Those early wiper do that always. You can upgrade winshield frames to use a 1968-1974 style with the sync'd wipers -or attempt to replace the motors on your existing frame.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I tossed in a wiper from a 70- I had to drill a hole on the passenger side for the post, and a couple of holes on the inside for the mounting screws. I have not rewired it for multiple speeds yet, but it works MUCH better than the original ones did. I replaced them each once, at around $70 each I think, and they still sucked and died quickly. I also had a problem keeping the arms from slipping on the shafts, especially with snow on them.

If you are getting a later motor from a boneyard, get the wpier switch, and the wiring to the motors, it will look cleaner than mine, and you will have multiple speeds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts