Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drivetrain Direct is trying to tell me that all 7.5" ring and pinions are the same. He wants me to get a Superior R&P set cuz he says all front ring and pinions are identical. I said i wanted to get Precision, but he insists theres no diff b/w the 7.5" gears. comments?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,996 Posts
If he won't sell you what you want, go somewhere else. Pretty simple, huh? What gear ratio? I can sell you a set of 4.88 Motive gears cheap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
Try another site

Try tacomaterritory.com they probably have more info on 7.5" R&P

BTW Welcome newbie :flipoff2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pazuzu said:
If he won't sell you what you want, go somewhere else. Pretty simple, huh? What gear ratio? I can sell you a set of 4.88 Motive gears cheap.
i know its that simple, just wandering if this guy knows what hes talking about. 4.56, thanks though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Try another site

Rwhat said:
Try tacomaterritory.com they probably have more info on 7.5" R&P

BTW Welcome newbie :flipoff2:
they gave me nothing, but thanks :flipoff2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kajo4x4toy said:
I can sell you a set of never installed Precision 5.71 7.5" gears with set up kit for cheaap if that is what you are looking for.
5.71 wow, way too low, thanks though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,996 Posts
RTDawgs said:


i know its that simple, just wandering if this guy knows what hes talking about. 4.56, thanks though.
Especially for the front end, stay away from Yukons or Randy's "ultra cheap" sets, and you'll be OK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pazuzu said:


Especially for the front end, stay away from Yukons or Randy's "ultra cheap" sets, and you'll be OK.
you talking about the actualy ring and pinion or the install kit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
true or false, tom? the only difference between 7.5" ring and pinions are manufacturers quality?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,444 Posts
Yes only the Quality.

On another note I am perfectly happy with my Yukon gears.
No problems so far. They are U.S Gears in reality.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
30,419 Posts
JamisonWorkshop said:
. They are U.S Gears in reality.
sometimes they are other times they are not. it is their private label brand and they will put whatever gear they get the best price on in the box. it is a price brand and not a quality brand. if you need price and are willing to risk quality then buy yukon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,385 Posts
One BIG difference in 7.5" R&P's is that '96-up Taco/4runner are reverse cut for the hi-pinion diff, '95 and earlier are standard...

Make sure you get the right ones! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
camo said:


sometimes they are other times they are not. it is their private label brand and they will put whatever gear they get the best price on in the box. it is a price brand and not a quality brand. if you need price and are willing to risk quality then buy yukon.
Randy's told me the "yukon" was their "quality" brand. That they picked the best of what is available for each axle and resold it under the Yukon name.
Course that could be all marketing hype.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,838 Posts
Like said above... there's no point to get new gears if you're only goign to 4.56's at least get 4.88's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,637 Posts
If you are dead set on 4.56 gears lots of Toy's came from the factory with this ratio. Just buy a used, already set up front and save $$$$$$
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top