Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drivetrain Direct is trying to tell me that all 7.5" ring and pinions are the same. He wants me to get a Superior R&P set cuz he says all front ring and pinions are identical. I said i wanted to get Precision, but he insists theres no diff b/w the 7.5" gears. comments?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pazuzu said:
If he won't sell you what you want, go somewhere else. Pretty simple, huh? What gear ratio? I can sell you a set of 4.88 Motive gears cheap.
i know its that simple, just wandering if this guy knows what hes talking about. 4.56, thanks though.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Yes only the Quality.

On another note I am perfectly happy with my Yukon gears.
No problems so far. They are U.S Gears in reality.

·
Premium Member
30,415 Posts
JamisonWorkshop said:
. They are U.S Gears in reality.
sometimes they are other times they are not. it is their private label brand and they will put whatever gear they get the best price on in the box. it is a price brand and not a quality brand. if you need price and are willing to risk quality then buy yukon.

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
One BIG difference in 7.5" R&P's is that '96-up Taco/4runner are reverse cut for the hi-pinion diff, '95 and earlier are standard...

Make sure you get the right ones! ;)

·
Registered
392 Posts
camo said:

sometimes they are other times they are not. it is their private label brand and they will put whatever gear they get the best price on in the box. it is a price brand and not a quality brand. if you need price and are willing to risk quality then buy yukon.
Randy's told me the "yukon" was their "quality" brand. That they picked the best of what is available for each axle and resold it under the Yukon name.
Course that could be all marketing hype.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.