Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where the hell can I buy one? :confused:

I'd rather buy the actual tool than make one with a piece of 7/8 hex stock....

·
Registered
54,555 Posts
have no clue whats so special about a 7/8" allen for king pins but if your asking about the socket you can get them at near any tool store like sears, hd or lowes.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

From Billavistas tech article....

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BillaVista built his from a piece of hex stock that he had bent at 90*. I wouldn't be posting here asking if it was as simple as going to Lowes and buying it.... :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
w00t! Thx....

I guess I was looking in the wrong places.....

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm...

I did Google....Guess I didn't look long enough either....No patience :flipoff2:

Anyways, thx

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Yer right. Not as simple as going to Lowes. Go to OSH instead! They have them.

·
Registered
54,555 Posts
robert i grew in a one horse town and my local tool store probaly has them in stock where as a can of dustoleum is out of stock and who knows when it will be in. :D

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm about 40 miles from the nearest OSH....To far. I'm lazy, I'd rather UPS/Fed-Ex do the work for me... :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I bought the insert for a 7/8" Snap-On allen socket and use it with a 7/8" 3/4" drive socket. It wasn't much even though it was Snap-On. But then again that was probably 20 some odd years ago.

Gus

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
speedo said:
I bought the insert for a 7/8" Snap-On allen socket and use it with a 7/8" 3/4" drive socket. It wasn't much even though it was Snap-On. But then again that was probably 20 some odd years ago.

Gus
I thought about that...I could buy a 12" piece of 4140 7/8" hex stock from McMaster Carr for $15. Might still do that...

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
and to think i just used a truck lugnut.. with a socket and ratchet... all of which i had in my garage... :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Devil Dog said:
and to think i just used a truck lugnut.. with a socket and ratchet... all of which i had in my garage... :flipoff2:

Ding ding ding! :D

Definatley one of those "why did't I think of that" things....

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I made one for about $10. I got a $5 7/8 hardened chisel from the local hardware store and cut the end off with my chop saw. I got a $3 7/8 impact socket from the same store and welded it to $2 worth of flat stock. It fits into just about any of the scrap I have laying around for a cheater, and twisted the pins out like nothing. The chisel was also long enough to make 4 or 5 studs incase I break one. If you have a really good flex bar or rachet you could just snap it onto that, but I broke both of mine trying it. The welded version is not as pretty, but works great.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts