Pirate 4x4 banner

70 4x4 lift

1K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  94stepsideford 
#1 ·
i was wondering if there is a spring i can put on the front of my 70 f250 4x4 and get 4 inches or so of lift with out spending a lot of money. is there something like the b52 for my truck?

#15 ·
How about get some measurements on your stock springs, like eye to eye and eye to center pin, spring width. Then check around to and see if there are any other springs that are close to matching your stuff, front or rear application.

#16 ·
i measured once before and if i remember write they are 52 or 54 eye to eye and . thats what got me to thinking if any one has ever put any chevy springs on them before with any luck

#17 ·
Here is a little of what I know of Highboy springs and I'm sure someone will correct me. They are two and a quarter inchs wide. Most fords and chevys are three inch wide and you would need to change your shackles. After you grind the heads off the rivets and punch them out you'll want to redrill the holes and use half inch grade eight bolts (if the bolt holes line up). Here is a picture of the quarter inch plates I used to keep my stock shackles and springs. They are heavily gusseted on the back side and give me a four inch lift. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.