Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need to sell it. It's a project and I have too many. I used to drive it but it has a bunch of little problems that need attended to. It's originally from Indiana and had an older restoration that's showing it's age. The clearcoat is flaking off the hood and the body work wasn't the greatest. It looks ok and turns lots of heads but it's no show piece. It has a 304 V8, factory automatic, dana 20, Scout 2 rear 44 (ring and pinion is howling bad), Wagoneer front 44 with new 5 lug outers, 5 cool retro cyclone wheels.

As far as work it vapor locks bad since the fuel line is right next to the exhaust needs rerouted, the vacuum modulator need replaced, the rear end howls bad, and the tires are very dry rotted. But it's a cool truck, I was going to make it a daily driver for my Girfriend but I'm lazy. I'm including a powersteering box and pump. Asking $2500obo as it sits.(Price Drop $2000obo)

I also have a hard to find A/C setup I'll throw in for another $350 and a good set of 33.12.5 BFG Muds for an extra $400. I have more pictures let me know what you want to see.

Travis

Attachments

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I will trade you a 72 ScoutII with dana 44 f and r. Power steering sitting on 33x12.50's 3 inch body 2 inch add a leaf rear. Trade? Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK I found a 1 ton Chevy at a good price and I need it. The Scout needs to go I mounted the good mud terrains and I'll include all the goodies for $3000. I need cash for the new tow rig so I'm ready to deal to get this Scout a new home. Here's a pic from earlier today.

Travis

Attachments

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It has 3.xx? gears. I've never checked. The rear is a take out from a Scout 2 and the front is from a Waggy. I was always planing on swapping gears but this poor truck has been back burnered for years. I've only driven it a few times and never wheeled it. I've just collected a bunch of parts for it and never really wrenched on it. It's got a lot of potential but mostly it needs a new owner, I just dont have the time for it or quite honestly a use for it if I did finish it. If your interested it's sitting at my Dad's house on McKellips and Horne in Mesa.

Travis

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know if the ratios match or not I never cared to checked. I was planning on swapping in 4.10s. Front end geometry is fine it's a Waggy 44 not a Scout 2. It drives like a 33 year old truck. The manual steering sucks but I'm including a Scout 2 box and a truck pump to fix that. It passed emissions with flying colors but isn't currently registered. There aren't any back fees or BS though. It has bunch of BS little problems that I hope to fix this weekend so I can put it in the Trader and get it gone.

Travis

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.