Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok apparently the 91 700r4's have to be "told" when to go into overdrive... anyone know of a good place to get the kit to accomplish this without an ECM? Jegs has it (i think), but i am hoping to find it cheaper and closer... I just found out i was going to need this tonight, and i am bumming its going add some more $$ to this thing - and time ... ugh
-also do you use liquid gasket or something on the bottom of the dipstick tube on the tranny? it feels loose and it seems water would get in there im trying to get it all in my Yj by next week...

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I don't have the answer for you, but a good place to look would be www.700r4.com . There are good forums there and lots of people who sell parts like you're looking for.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks... i emailed them -- hopefully they will know what i need.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks i believe those will come in quite handy! but i may just buy the kit -- it looks like it runs off vacuum and has a manual override on it... if i am looking at the right kit...

now how will i hook up the cable from the right side of the tranny? i have no experience with automatics... i have always had manuals...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts