Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has installed this adapter? I am looking to go 350/700r4/toybox/d300. What have been the pros and cons? Who has the best prices for the 700r4 adapter? Already know the OTT adapter for the D300. Any pros and cons on which D300? Scout or Jeep? Short shaft or long? Sorry I have no expereince with the D300. Thanks

·
Registered
771 Posts
Just to clarify ... The OTT Toy-300 adapter fits the Jeep version D300.
The scout 300 is an odd (Dana 20 style) bolt pattern and input spline....
There is no difference between the inputs of a short or long 300... the difference is in the output shafts and the long one has a different spedometer drive setup than the short....

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the clarification. Still looking for info ont he 700r4 to minicase. Do/can you make the adapter? What is the difference in the tailhousing of the 700r4 and th350 of the same type (ie 2x4 or 4x4)? thanks for any info.

-Darius

·
Registered
389 Posts
If I remember right the only difference between the two adapters that advance sells (turbo 350 adn 700r4) is the actual shaft in the housing. other then that the tail housing I think has the same part number.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I have the 700r4 to minitruck adapter. It's the Downey one. New tail shaft has to go into the 700r4 and it consist of 2 plates. I purchased mine from Marlin as I was getting the 4.7 gearset toybox to go in it. Marlin machined the Toybox side to fit his 4.7 gearset and installed the new seal in it as well. If your using Marlins gears you might want to call him for info. This isn't in a Mini but an FJ62. Still same adapters used. Think it was like a 1" total adapter length situation. At the time the other adapters used a spud shaft like AA uses. and cost about 4" +. HTH

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks. mine isn't going in a mini either.;) see sig....:D
darius

1 - 6 of 6 Posts