Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching but could'nt find an answer to what year hydro pedals and manual steering column would work.I have a 1989 sububran with a crapped out 700R4.I picked up a Hyrdo beelhousing,SM465 and 208 out of a late model blazer.I am having trouble finding hyrdo pedals and a manual column to finish out my swap.I found a set of pedals and column,both come out of 89 one ton chevy.I just dont know if they will fit in my sububran.Can I use them or am I limited to 85-87 truck parts and up to 91 blazer and sububrans?I hate to ask but I know someone in here will know.Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
They would work. They may not bolt in but that's what welders drill bits and hole saws are for.:D but on a serious note for a bolt in I THINK you would have to use 73-87 truck -91 blazer, suburban. And yes I capped the think part because im not 100% sure.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
As long as it was a square body style straight front axle 89 then yes they will bolt in ...also u don't have to swap the columns ...I just did this same swap and I re used the auto column

·
Registered
64 Posts
as long as it was a square body style straight front axle 89 then yes they will bolt in ...also u don't have to swap the columns ...i just did this same swap and i re used the auto column
x2:)

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
i did a th350 to a sm465 swap, i ended up using all different components because i didn't have the factory hydro stuff, but for what it's worth maybe it'll help give a different idea of whats possible. it works awesome and uses none of the factory stuff. here's my thread about it: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=898050&highlight=

1 - 5 of 5 Posts