Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a Jeep guy for years, but I am looking for a new project. Top Truck Challenge kind of build up. My father in law has a 70's Sno Fiter that has plowed on his 15 acres for years, but been meticulously taken care of. The box is rusted out and the frame probably needs help. Any idea what equipment would be in this? Engine is 308?318? Big ugly orange thing, but that's partially what makes it so appealing...
Looking to figure out axles,tranny,t case, before I even ask him if he would sell/let me have it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Go take a look

I think that the plow rigs came with some good stuff. I'd imagine it was a 3/4 ton. It will probably have a D60 rear with Full floater and power lock or somthing like that. The front I'd think would also be a D60 or closed knuckle D44. All 8 lug probably low gears like 4.10's. The t-case I would guess will be an np 205. The tranny will probably be an np 435 4 speed. Could be 319 or 360 who knows? The axles are very tuff. The front if ti a 44 may need to be replaced for super hardcore stuff but they can be built very strong. The 205 cases are almost bullet proof. Full gear driven means no chain to gernade. Very stout. I'd through a rebuilt in it when I got it and never worry again. Those tranny's are also great. It will have a 6.somthing first gear. (bo low) This truck will be a great rig. 318 or 360 are great motors and can be built up pretty good. The only problems I have had with my 73 is drive shafts. Dodge didn't have the best ones. Could just be me. My 73 has 37's on it with a 318 and turns them pretty good. I think I f'd my front axle wheel bearings though. Dammit. The closed knuckle 44's arn't the reatest and you will have a hell of a time finding info for the closed knuckle. Other than that she'll be a great truck for you. It comes with great equipment stock. If you are interested ther is another good dodge forum at, www.dodgepowerwagon.com,

Best of Luck:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks for the help. That is just what I wanted to hear. I figured as much from the little I could find, but the reinforcement is good before I ask him to buy/take itand end up with a sh!tbox in my driveway with no good parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts