Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally looked at the cruiser that I am thinking about buying. Made in Mar 1972. The owner wants $500 CDN for it, is it worth it? It needs drivers side rear corner and rear side glass. The drivers side hub is all smashed to s**t, it does need body work and fenders etc. I want it to be my dd and a trail rig, Id does not need to be in perfect shape, nor any smog test it is over 20 years old so that is not applicable. I do not plan on taking it on any far trips just to work and the store and of course the GARAGE :D I just want a servicable rig. It is about 3 hours from my house so it took the better part of the day to go see it and come back. It will have to be towed back but that is not a problem for me. Right now it is buried in lots of snow so I did not get under neath it. Do the frames usually go on cruisers like on the trucks? I took several pics yesterday of it if anyone would like to see them or get info on it. I want as basic truck and it seems pretty basic to me. Any advice opinion or just your thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Post the pics.
it sounds like a lot of work to get going. However for $250 it sounds like a reasonable deal to me.

The 72 will have drum brakes all around. Which are servicable but not nearly as nice as the disk frontends.

I have a 72 that was daily driven for 16 years. and prety much never missed a beat. They are good trucks.

What type of wheeling do you plan on using it for? tire size? lockers???

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jason thanks for the reply. As for pics I cant post them but if you want to or if you want to just look at them yourself then I will email them to you. I paln to just do mud trails no bigger thean 35s and that would not be for a while probably 31s right now. Thanks

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
TOY4X4HOPEFULL said:
So what the heck does TTT mean? I have seen it before

John H

1 - 6 of 6 Posts