Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's a good mod for the 727 to give it a better low end. Or in general beef it up more? And how can I post pics in this box, It's not letting me.

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Make sure the pics are the right size!!
Use irfan to edit/resize, it's free.

And I look for the best deal I can get from the dealers on Ebay!!
And use a good reprogramming kit in the valve body!
I use the factory mopar deep pan and reuseable gasket(from EBay)
Got the torque converter local since shipping was to high from EBay!

And while I was at it...I replaced the output shaft with a heep shaft and D300 that I got from.....EBay!

Oh, did I mention the tranny cooler that I got from..................EBay.

and I relocated the vent to the top with a 5/16 nipple and a 1/8" pipe plug that I got from..........................

Lowes!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Scout Dude said:
I use http://jvxracing.com/ for all my chrysler transmission race built parts (kevlar reverse bands, bolt in sprags, etc). Prices seem decent compared to everywhere else.
I went with a billet drum, and the extra clutch ring mods.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you guys happy with the mods and would you change anything? I put 265K on my 76 Scout and never did anything exept change the fluid every couple of years, but like the engine with its leaky seals and gaskets if it was an R&R job and I didn't need to tare into it I didn't. Just kept the fluids up and properly changed and the damn refused die!!! I was considering a larger pan, but other than hanging lower is there anything else to consider?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I
was considering a larger pan, but other than hanging lower is there anything else to consider?
The pan being lower hasn't really bothered me. But make sure you get the filter extension with it!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Old Scout [url said:
http://aandatrans.com/catalog/ProductList.asp?Part=22134LG[/url]
Has that low gear set came down price wise lately?? I swore they wanted nearly 7 Benjamin's for it the last time I looked :confused:

Can/Has anyone confirmed that the 727 in a winny baago has the low gear set in them? I have one spotted, but hate to buy the tranny and end up with what I have now.

Anyone??

·
Registered
780 Posts
djm1558 said:
How did you get a GM FI to work on your 304?
I didnt!!

Bill usn-1 did all the grunt work and I just used his info on my truck.

All the info is on the Justinternationals.org website. Bill hasnt held back any info on the conversion. It's there for anyone.

You da man Bill!!

Best mod I will probly ever do to my truck!!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Don't let him kid ya DJM.
Binderman had the sheet figured out pretty good. It was easy to just have to tweak once he "finally" got it installed!

I wanted the JVX gears but I think I will opt for the 4:1 TC gears instead!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
my experience with 727s is that they LOVE coolers, I run two B&M coolers on mine and the conscensus in the full-size jeep crowd is that the Trasgo shift kit just about remedies all their other issues. I haven't put my shift kit on yet but they seem to last forever when you've got some coolers and a good shift kit....

·
Registered
1 Posts
727 low gear set

I recently had my 727 gone thru by www.coperacingtrans.com I will hopefully have it back in the scout this week. In regard to the low gearset being in the winnebago...highly unlikely. The low gearset is currently custom made from parts for the 904 low gear set. Since cope racing trans is near my home i decided to let them do the work for me. I wish i had taken a pic of the stock gear and the low gear set side by side. The difference in size is significant. It is pricey at $425 but there is siginificant amount of machine work that goes into the gear sets. My scout has tall gears in the diffs... so..since i was going thru the trans anyway, I thought it could make those gears more livable by getting more reduction in 1st and 2nd. I will soon find out if that is the case.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts