Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a quick question. I have a 727 in my rig behind a 5.3 vortec. The set up has worked fine for a few years kind of. I have never been able to get the damn tranny to shift right. It shifts too early so i adjust it just a bit then it shifts too late. I can not get anything that I can live with. Now the seal around the shift linkage is leaking. So I figured if I was going to tear into it to fix the seal I would try to fix the other problems. I was thinking about putting a manual valve body in it. I am not sure what valve body to go with. The only threads I have found say to use a Art Carr but it seams that they do not make them anymore. The rig is pretty much a trail rig. I drive it around town sometimes and it does see its fair share of high speed logging roads. Does anyone have a suggestion on what valve body to use. Thanks

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
A 727 will not shift correctly without a properly adjusted kickdown linkage installed. Running a 727 without kickdown linkage or with the linkage way out of adjustment can severely reduce the lifespan of the transmission.

For a manual valve body, Turbo Action and TCI both make some pretty good examples.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts