Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to go pick up a 73 chevy 3/4 ton pickup with a 4k mile crate motor, winch, hummer tires, etc. $500 :flipoff2: Anybody dealt with one of these? I haven't even seen it yet so I don't know what I can do to it right away, but it will be fun. Getting it for my room mate so he can go along on some trail rides. Just want to make sure what it has for axles and such.

Thanks

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that is a huge rear! Although the front might have to go, just looks tiny compared to the rear. Nice big NP205, and the motor in it is built pretty well as far as I can tell. Long tubes, look to me like a Edelbrock performer RPM intake, haven't taken the air cleaner off yet to look at the carb. Frame looks solid, cab is rotted at the bottom corners of the windsheild.
Now I have to figure out how to post some pics!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, no that's the skid plate for the gas tank, I have to bolt it back up. After I parked it in the grass there I tried starting it this morning and broke the nose off the starter! Good thing I have 3 more laying around.
Yeah for $500 I'd have to say it's a pretty good deal. Can't wait till I can get this one going good.
Which models had the 13" brakes and which had the 11" brakes? I bought the 13" pads but without even taking the rims off I think they look too big.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I don't know anything about that winch...but I sure wouldn't use it with that cable on it!!!

Looks like someone found some mud too :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the guy I bought it from got it from a hunting club in northern virginia, lots of red clay I guess. I don't use a winch much around here anyway so I'm not too worried about that cable. Not even sure if it works or not. But if I ever do use it, it will be more than likely just a slight tug getting over something. Not too much for rock crawling around here, just some fun mud spots and such. But hopefully when I FINALLY get the yota finished I want to bring it down to tellico to play around some.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
chevy

You better check the frame around the steering box,before you go to far.I have yet to see a truck that has been abused,with a uncracked frame under the steering box. :shaking:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
big mudder said:
You better check the frame around the steering box,before you go to far.I have yet to see a truck that has been abused,with a uncracked frame under the steering box. :shaking:
I'll deffinately have to check that, thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
trkklr77 said:
the winch

jim3030 is selling one here with some bumpers. he called a "hickey sidewinder"

a buddy had a "hickey" winch that was identicle to the old school ramsey re's. i think that hickey was subsidiary comp of ramsey, similar to t-maxx and mm.

Cool, at least maybe I can look and see if there is some kind of markings and see if it is one of those. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts