Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Not a bad start, but you fucked up on the frame shortening. Next time, do some research before doing it.

Keep up the work and don't be afraid to ask technical questions if you can't find the answer anywhere else :p

What are you trying to build anyway rocks, trails, mud?

JOKER

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this truck is for rockin with 4 kids. i live 40 min from truckhaven and 40 from hammers.
as for frame i check almost every post for shorten chevy crews. what i saw was everyone had different approach. some people stepped there cut and some did basically the way i did. i cut straight off because i wanted the most length off without piecing frame back at different thickness. i will reinforce with rear cage through truck. what do you suggest i change or should have done? thx

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I would have Z it.But plate it up and tie the cage in and it will be fine.Good looking truck by the way!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
74 crew spent about $3500 truck
79 dana 60 ton front w/ ord high cross over steer
corp 14 ton rear
np205 w/ ord sye and double stick kit
454 built
400 hughs/b&m trans
42x17 mtrs
leaf sprung w/ triple bypass all four
50 gallon cage mount fuel cell
having rear bed cage and interior cage built by baja-shop riverside, ca. (dont have bender or time to try to build cages):D

·
Premium Member
4,408 Posts
If it does bother you i would get a holesaw and hawg out the outer plates in a few spots..Just drill the pilot then hawg out till you go through the extra plate and not through the original frame..Weld up the plate when your done..But i think it will be fine..(Just be sure to give it the Pirate fab Nazi test by driving by a buslaod of nuns towing orfans down the interstate)

What are the plans for the suspension?

·
Registered
589 Posts
I like it. for some reason I thought they didn't start building crewcabs until 76. was 74 the first year? thats gonna be sweet.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think 73 first year. I went for the 74 because I live in wonderful smog testing Cali. 74 does not require smog. No cats - smog pumps ect.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had a 73 for a bit... I believe that was the first year...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thx all.

not running bed. i have a rear cage being built. just tube bed that ties into the cab cage.
but i like the bobbed beds. looks good.
i plan on beating up a bit and figure this will look cool and function. i would like to bob front maybe when i get it back.

1 - 20 of 248 Posts