Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know 44 front and 60 rear. i read somwere the rear was offset?? is the front a pass drop and the rear centerd. what kina brakes would they have and what gears would be possible?? are the spring under or over??

sorry for the newb post, eat me

·
Registered
87 Posts
From my understanding the rear is off-set to the passenger side.:confused: :beer: :trooper:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WAIT!! its a 77 if that makes any diffrence

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
The front is passenger side drop and the rear will be offset a bit to the passenger side as well. 73-79 FSJ's were that way regardless of model/motor/tranny/T-case combos.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
next question.

take into consideration that im new at this

would the offset in the rear affect anything if im swaping into something with a centerd rear??

·
Registered
17 Posts
only if the insignifigant ofset is going to put you past the operation angles of your driveshaft U-Joints.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how would i be able to tell if its to much ange?....

·
Registered
441 Posts
the off set shouldn't matter unless you are going to have a really small rear driveshaft, like if you are swapping these in a cj-5.

I took the whole drivetrain out of a 79 j-20 to swap in my cj-7 but changed my mind when I found a 1-ton at a good price, these are still very good axles though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually the plans are, and there not deffanate yet, im just gettin my stuff right. a guy has a scout 2 for sale. 345 t-19 wide d20, and the j-20 axles, already soa. im building an 800, a 67 scout. so my plans were to take the stuff out of the s2, including the axles and put them in my 800.

does any one know how wide they are. are they "full width" like over 63" cuz i realy dont want anything thats gonna be REAL wide. im not gonna be realy hardcore or anything as its gonna see alota road time, but capable on the trail to, moreless cuz theres nothin but mud around here unless you wanna drive 6 hrs.

but back to the ? whats the wms on em

my wb is 100" i know that dosent tell my r driveshaft lenght (may streatch it alittle, to like 103 or somthing) but it gives a hint

1 - 12 of 12 Posts