Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Looking good dude. I noticed there wasn’t a way to remove the engine crossover bar for the shock hoops. Didn’t want that removable?
thanks! It might be hard to tell from the pics, but there is tube clamps on the engine crossover bar so it is removable. They came in the kit with the shock hoops from Offroad Design.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
A couple of updates, I got the a little further on getting the assist installed, lines ran, pump installed, ram tacked into place.

Kit goes together pretty easy. I need to mount the reservoir and finish weld the mounts and she'll be ready to go.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
While cycling my suspension I realized my front springs had a little more down travel than my shocks would allow for. To avoid having to re-engineer or lower any mounts I ordered extended rod ends for my shocks. These will make my shocks 3" longer and should allow for full travel of my leaf springs.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I tried with no luck to remove the old rod ends. The shafts on't have flat spot on them so the only option is to clamp them in a vice with rubber or something to protect them.

After several attempts in my home shop I decided I would take them to a shop and pay to have them switched out to avoid damaging them.

Unfortunately the shop I took them too clamped the shafts down and scarred them to where I don't think they can be used. They said they "buffed out" the shafts but they are totally hammered. They tried to convince me they are OK to run, but I know they are not. They didn't charge me for the work, but also aren't willing to make it right and replace the shafts. I'm extremely pissed, I have wanted a set of these shocks since high school.

thankfully filthy Motorsports (which is where I got the extended rod ends) has been awesome to work with and is able to sell the shafts only for $60.00/EA. Still sucks, but better than replacing the 2 shocks at almost $500.00/EA.

I have found another shop that can take these apart and install the new shafts once I get them in the mail.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Good to know. I just got tracking from UPS showing new shafts will be here tomorrow. Hopefully this shop can get everything switched without anything getting screwed up.
Shop I took My shocks to has been buried with work so I'm still waiting to get them back and re-installed.

I ordered Driveshafts from tom woods last week and they showed up yesterday, Lightning fast service! Looks like great quality stuff, hoping to get them installed later this week or this weekend.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
I was able to get my new rear drive shaft installed. The front drive shaft the sent used a flange instead of the yoke that was already installed on my NP205.

They had me remove the yoke prior to ordering and told me it would either be a 30 spline or a 10 spline for the flange and that it would be easy to tell. The flange that was sent was 30 spline, but it turns out my NP205 has and aftermarket larger 32 spline front output. Tom Woods was great to deal with and is sending the correct flange for my application along with a return envelope to send the old one back with pre-paid postage so zero cost to me even though I ordered the wrong part.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
While I'm waiting for my new flange to install the front drive shaft I got some more work on the hydro assist. I got the reservoir mounted and the hose ran down to the pump. next step is to mount the cooler and run the return line. After that all that is left is to finish weld the mounts and the Hydro assist will be complete.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
A couple of small updates. I was able to get my front driveshaft installed with the correct flange, and get my shocks re-installed with the new shafts and extended rod ends.

The last couple of weeks have been hell. Had to evacuate my house due to wildfire danger for a week, then spent a week cleaning ash and soot up from everything I own once the smoke settled and it was safe to go outside. Hoping to get more done in the coming weeks.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
This weekend's Project was cage and interior paint. Can't wait to get this thing up and running. So close..... yet so far and all that shit

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Looking good. I would love to have a full convertible Blazer again. Had a '73 that I beat the snot out of. Raisined it. Back when they were cheap and easy to find.

Reactions: adamgllc

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Looking good. I would love to have a full convertible Blazer again. Had a '73 that I beat the snot out of. Raisined it. Back when they were cheap and easy to find.
Thanks! I only paid $650.00 for this one, but it was just a frame and body. I've sunk about $20K into it sense then.....

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Overdue update time! been getting lots of work done over the last few months. Had a buddy come up and spend a few days helping me build bumpers, sliders, and a center console to house my shifters.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
With My son's help I got some paint thrown on all the newly fabbed stuff. I'm happy with how it turned out.
I picked up a new 12K harbor freight badlands apex winch to try out as well.

101 - 120 of 127 Posts