Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m helping swap a steering column on a 76 cj7 that has an inilne 6. The searches Have shown most Chevy/gm trucks from the 80’s work. I read s10’s and s10 blazers work good.
None of the junkyards have any older Jeep’s for me to get a column from.
What vehicle would be the best donor car for me to get a steering column from? Closest match without having to do a lot of modification.
It’s a column shifter.
Thanks for any an all answers!
Much appreciated

·
Registered
77 Jeep CJ5, 258, T150, D30, AMC20
6 Posts
I’m helping swap a steering column on a 76 cj7 that has an inilne 6. The searches Have shown most Chevy/gm trucks from the 80’s work. I read s10’s and s10 blazers work good.
None of the junkyards have any older Jeep’s for me to get a column from.
What vehicle would be the best donor car for me to get a steering column from? Closest match without having to do a lot of modification.
It’s a column shifter.
Thanks for any an all answers!
Much appreciated
I'm in the same boat except I don't need the shifter. My research has found (I haven't done it yet) late 80s C/K trucks or a YJ collum is the best bet with min mods and with a YJ your dimmer switch can be moved off the floor.
Shawn

·
Registered
481 Posts
All the gl columns from that era are all pretty much the same. I have one out of a firebird and it works well. I’d convert it to a floor shift with a generic B&m shifter of some sort or anything similar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts