Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i have slight problem well not me but my truck the damn thing whenever i go thru watercrossing i end up having misfiring like a mofo

so i pull the wires at the plugs and blow them out after every damn crossing how the hell can i seal the spark plugs so that they are easily removable ?
this is begining to be pain in the ass with this motor any input would be great
i was thinking about different wires but there donsnt seem to be many options :shaking:

i tried sealling them with rtv but still magange to get misfiring when crossing and i have check the distrubutor and there is no water entering there after clearing the water from the head where the plugs are at my misfring stops so this is my problem area

i am stumped :confused:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yea, fun quirk of the 7MGE. I pulled the "shield" off the spark plug area and just hit it with compressed air when they get wet. Dries em out in like 10 seconds. It is really an un-winable battle keeping water out of there. That or keep it away from water.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Don't the factory spark plug wires have a rubber plug built in (like a 3.4)? If not I guess thats a lame design even though it is designed for a car.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Don't the factory spark plug wires have a rubber plug built in (like a 3.4)? If not I guess thats a lame design even though it is designed for a car.
They do, but there are so many other places for the water to run into the valleys other than just the plug holes...

7M Sucks for water, bottom line..... And I am not bashing, I know cause I have one :flipoff2:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I made one out of 1/4 alloy plate and milled an o-ring groove right round it to seal between the plate and the head. Had to make a custom o-ring tho but thats easy, just go to your local o-ring dealer and buy 3ft of o-ring cord and super glue it together. Use some silicone sealer around the plug caps, and shes watertight :D A local machine shop with a cnc mill should be able to make the new plate for ya. I'll see if I can find my pics of my one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts