Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a supra motor bolt up to the same bell housing as the 22re?
I searched but just got confused.....to many multi-sylible words:confused:
Is it just a matter of bell housing change?
doesn't a supra use a r150 tranny? is it the same as (other than a transfercase)r151? will the bell housings interchange?
what auto trans does a supra have is it an a340h?

a question for superrunner if he is out there how much hp did the stock rear end take before it was painfully aparent that a d60 was needed?

·
Registered
383 Posts
The w-56 will work using the bellhousing from the 7m i believe but the r-150f won't unless u build a custom bellhousing... superunner would know he did it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Superrunner, Will an a340h built for a 22retc hold up to a 7mgte?
If not what mods do I need?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I would up the line pressure. That would really help out from wearing out the clutch packs. But yeah, with that, it should hold up pretty good.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I'am looking for a supra(7mgte) is there a "best" year or years selection to be hunting for and Why?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Look for an 87-88. 89-92 are harder to get parts for. They used a differnet ECU and harness, and are much harder to get a hold of.

But then again, it doesn't really mater what the motor is. There are only a couple sensor on the motor that are different. You can either splice in the newer connectors onto your older harness, or change out the newer sensor to the older ones. (I hope that just made sense.)

For instance. One of the motors that I just ordered is a 89-92. The motors always come with cut harnesses, so you have all the connectors, but no complete harness. Now, I do not have any 89-90 ECU's or harnesses, so, I will probably splice in the newer connectors to my older harness. I will do this because my 87-88 harneses, are old and crusty. They could use new connectors anyhow.

Or, I have a whole box of 87-88 sensors, and I could just replace them with older sensors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts