Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Marlin Crawler, Inc.
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 7th Annual Marlin Crawler Round-Up is on like donkey kong, and you don't want to miss this one!

When? September 13, 2008
Where? Rubicon Trail, Springs Campground
How do I sign up? Go to: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45939.0

For the first time ever, we are planning Saturday morning and afternoon contests and events to motivate more people to come in Friday evening to help cope with trail congestion Saturday! Planned events include the following:

- Turtle Crawl Competition

- 1st annual Marlin Crawler R/C Rock Crawl Competition
(http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=47034.0)

- Horse shoe throw Tournament

- Spare tire bowling Tournament

- Multiple Kids Games with prizes

Trophies will be awarded to the winner of the Saturday events before the raffle Sat. night! More events may be added as we plan out the days events! Each event will have a small entry fee, like $1, and all proceeds are donated to the Rubicon Trail Foundation!

And as always, there will be a dinner and greet the Marlin Crawler Crew as well as a hefty raffle!

Last year this non-profit event raised $5,135 for the Rubicon Trail Foundation, and we want to blow this away!

So help us raise more funding than ever for the Rubicon trail and hang out with friendly people from Marlin Crawler!

Regards,
BigMike

·
Registered
701 Posts
Mike I think me (Chris with the white ZUZU & Kevin with the Blck toy) you guys ran into at the top of caddy hill during rubithon, we hope to make it. will let ya know later.

·
Marlin Crawler, Inc.
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike I think me (Chris with the white ZUZU & Kevin with the Blck toy) you guys ran into at the top of caddy hill during rubithon, we hope to make it. will let ya know later.
Sweet! Hope to see you guys there! Be sure to register!! Next time keep away from the bears! :eek:

·
Registered
344 Posts
the sticker wagon is getting rebuilt as we speak, MCR7 or bust. I really want to put a dual marlin case in it but I may not have time in time. Worst case I will bring it in in all wheel drive.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
cross post from Marlin form

Hello All,

I really want to make this roundup, but I have some concerns.

#1 My experience level is minimal at best. I have never really been on a tough trail and I definitly don't want to be the one clogging up the trail for everyone else.

#2 My rig is mostly daily driven and I will have to drive it 5 hours to get there, will it survive if it is driven cautiously and of course I would be using the bypasses?

I guess those are my two biggest questions/concerns.

My rig is an 1984 Toyota 4runner running 33" bfg mud terrain tires, Marlin installed 488 gearing & ARB lockers front and rear, rebuilt motor, Marlin transmission and a rebuilt Marlin geared 4.7 T-case. I have rock sliders but not much else for protection.

Anyway, I would like some input from those of you that know the con.

Thanks
Mike.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hello All,

I really want to make this roundup, but I have some concerns.

#1 My experience level is minimal at best. I have never really been on a tough trail and I definitly don't want to be the one clogging up the trail for everyone else.

#2 My rig is mostly daily driven and I will have to drive it 5 hours to get there, will it survive if it is driven cautiously and of course I would be using the bypasses?

I guess those are my two biggest questions/concerns.

My rig is an 1984 Toyota 4runner running 33" bfg mud terrain tires, Marlin installed 488 gearing & ARB lockers front and rear, rebuilt motor, Marlin transmission and a rebuilt Marlin geared 4.7 T-case. I have rock sliders but not much else for protection.

Anyway, I would like some input from those of you that know the con.

Thanks
Mike.
In my opinion you will do fine. Make sure you tag along with a small but experienced group and take your time. With the exception of a few spots you have lot of opportunity to keep out of the way of buggy traffic. Its worth the experience and the adventure. PM me if you want to tag along with us. I have taken some less capable rigs through and did ok. my 2 pennies.

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
It is a rusted pile isn't it.

85 got married again ?

Shoulda brought him instead of the chick, Alex and Terrance. Not worth air IMO

·
Registered
776 Posts
i have tried over and over again to get that turd to do some thing with that pile. i dont know what to do next i guess go and finish is my self. as far as alex and terance i hope our friend ship iwill continue and tracie is history/ho did i really write that sorry not

·
Premium Member
3,566 Posts
Im going again. Awesome event and I dont even drive a toyota but most of my club does...We are and always will go in thursday night friday morning to avoid the marlin crawl off...ie: 300 toyotas all in 260plus to 1 the whole way lol. but maybe that my buggy attitude coming out lol. The raffle is great and eveything goes to a good cause.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm looking for a group going in from the Tahoe side on Saturday morning. I can't make Friday this year and driving to the trail and then running Loon to the Springs is just too long of a day for me. Post up your trail plans.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts