Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to get a bracket kit for dropping a 9" Ford rear into my TJ. Would there be a lot of grinding on the 8.8 kit to get it to work? Is there a kit that would work better? Which brand? I was planning on making a custom rear suspension (triangulated 4 link longarms) but now it's just going to have to be simple, fairly inexpensive, quick project instead of the huge build. I've looked at MORE and TERA barackets for the 8.8 but I don't know if there's a kit that would be better for the 9". Thanks for the help. Dave

·
Registered
365 Posts
I wouldn't call a $300 bracket kit "fairly inexpensive." You can make your own pretty easily out of various 1/4" plate for a heck of alot cheaper.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually the Tera is $200 and the MORE is $230. Right now I don't have a lot of free time. That's the reason that I'm not doing the custom suspension right now. It will happen...just not right now. It would be worth spending a little money to be able to weld the brackets on and be set. I'm just curious if anyone has done this and couldn't find any good info in the search. Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
982 Posts
xjpart2 said:
try www.dc4wd.com for a cheaper price. i know he sells tera, re, and randys. and im pretty sure they all sell brackets for tj's

Hunter
I agree with Hunter, I got my brackets from DC for a lot cheaper than what I could find them elsewhere. I think my Tera brackets were right around $200 or $220 with shipping included, but it has been a year since I ordered them so I can't remember exactly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts