Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im removing the dana 35 out of my jeep and installing a 1996 ford explorer8.8 axle into my jeep with a somwhat custom 4 link system. im also going to install comp corners and tubed ft fenders

arb, and master install kit from complete off road

4:56, and dif cover from 4x4 group buy

emergency brake kit, yoke, spring pads, and lower control arms mounts from M.O.R.E

i whent down to rubicon express and bought RM23000 ~ TRI-LINK LEFT UPPER C/A MOUNT RM23005 ~ TRI-LINK RIGHT UPPER C/A MOUNT

i then whent to roughtuffspecialties and bout there med weight truss, 2 long 90* truss tabs and 2 small 90* truss tabs

1 x TJ Tube Fender Kit (SFW-50013) Additional Options Add Micro LED's
1 x TJ Comp Cut Corner Guards (SFW-30015) Additional Options Add 4" Round LED's from. from sniper fabworks.

i still need to buy brake pads, parking brake shoes, brake disc hardware kit rear, brake caliper kit, brake line kit, t hose and a 03 rubicon proportioning valve... i think....:smokin:

what it looked lik in the begining

heres what i have so far

i tacked the inner truss, in place need to take over to friends house so i can get a 220 weld on that truss. when its all welded up it will a fully boxed in truss 3/8" steel and 1/4" steel.

what it will look like when all done

nothing else to do till later so i took the fender flars off

when the parts come in i will keep posting the progress

·
Registered
352 Posts
Where did you get that winch cover? Homemade? It looks like neoprene, and I am looking for something very similar. Thanks.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Where did you get that winch cover? Homemade? It looks like neoprene, and I am looking for something very similar. Thanks.
I know Warn and Ramsey make a nice neoprene cover. I have used both and it is worth the money for them. My winch is 3 years old and looks like new. Sorry to hijack the thread.

Jeep looks good.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a ramsey cover turned around ontop a warn winch.

i got the spring pads and l.c.a. tacked on, did ruff mount under the jeep to make it all lined up and it did 5hrs later and many bud lights down the hatch.
i will post a pict tomarrow once the u.c.m are made and tacked on

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Are those 33 inch tires? If yes, you will love those 4:56 gears. I did the 8.8 swap a couple years ago in my TJ. I still have the never installed proportioning valve.. I guess I will install it someday just because I have it, but I honestly have yet to see the need for it.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Looking good. Make sure while your building the 8.8 you weld the tubes to the housing the tubes can spin so might as well run a bead now and never have to think about it again. Nice work, keep posting.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Looking good. Make sure while your building the 8.8 you weld the tubes to the housing the tubes can spin so might as well run a bead now and never have to think about it again. Nice work, keep posting.
Good advice here.... :smokin:

The guy that did my welding said he did it in little spurts as he was concerned about generating too much heat on the axle tubes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you cant see it but the tubes are welded. and the tires are 35's.
with with the R.E u.c.a mounts you need to buy 2-1/2 ball jounts to fit into the new mounts. if you dont buy the kit. i diddnt know that yesterday when we where doing mock up. but i bought them today and installed them in the u.c.a mounts..

soory about the picts ile get them as soon as possible,

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Wow buddie, I think ill put a dictionary in your jeep for you. :laughing:
As soon as im feeling better, those brackets will be made and installed.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i bought some moser c clip eliminators yesterday.. then i did some more reading and found out they suck @ss. but superior is the only way to go i here so im sending them back.. im going to go work on the jeep tomarrow so i post some picts of what i got..:smokin:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yup thats it above, mike honcho welded it all up. that upper link mount was made by mike honcho as well. we hade to alter the truss to get those 1/2"x4" bolts through to the mount. we had shave a little length off the bolts, but i shaved a little to much. so we welded the bolts to the inside of the mount wich should make it easy to bolt up..the arb and install kit cam in today. so tomarrow we will mount the axle under the jeep, run the brake lines, and install the locker and gears. i bought the supper 88 but that hasnt come in yet. we will have to install the later on this week when it comes in. i will also post some pictures up aswell..

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i still have brake lines to run.. arb line to run.. e brake hook up, shocks mounts to build and install.. sniper fab comp corners to install and sniper fab flat fenders to install

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hurry up with the Sniper comp corners. I just ordered a set and want to see what they look like on a rig. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hopefully tomarrow i will install those fenders

here are my foa shocks. i had to get a new small cat and muffler to fit under the jeep because the muffler would get in the way of the upper link

1 - 20 of 63 Posts