·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know ...not hardcore enough....sorry

I am putting in a 8.8 in my TJ
i am keeping the short arms and stock frame locations
i am making my own control arm tabs...
if i raise the upper control arm bracket an equal amount as the lower to gain clearance i know it does not affect my squat/antisquat but will it cause any problems?

is there any advantage to providing myself with some verticle adjustablity by providing extra holes on the axle brackets? can I adjst the antisquat this way even though most use the frame end mounts?

scott

·
Registered
845 Posts
search for anit squat calc. youll find all the info you need

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can't run the calculator on my Mac. but i have read till my brain hurts

i know moving them evenly up won't affect the antisquat...but was wondering about any other negative effects that i haven't read about

·
Registered
481 Posts
The More Angle You Put In The Upper Arms The More The Anti-squat Goes Up. You Can Add A Couple Of Adjusting Holes If You Want To Fine Tune The Suspension, But Remember With Short Arms Just The Slightest Change In Arm Angle Will Be Huge.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i move the upper and the lower evenly then the antisquat shouldn't change at all. regardless of the angle the upper is now on. The IC doesn't move therefore the AS is the same. If i make the uppper steeper without a corresponding move to the lower then everything changes. my question is what else would change by me giving myself more ground clearance by rotating the arms up

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Ride quality will improve, and your instant center should change. But I wouldnt think for the worse, since it will bring you back closer to stock.

I would throw adjustability in if you have the room.

Much nicer to be able to switch things around until you get it where you like it most.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts