Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Peter Wells here posting under Rick deremo's log in. He's got me held hostage over here here in Dove Creek, Colorado till we finish his new IFS rock racer. In case you havent seen the other thread buried in comp and events, Randy and Jason at Jimmy's 4x4 in Cortez banged out a chassis, hung the rear axle, mounted the engine, tranny and t-case, and fabbed up some bad ass a-arms and mounted them up. We brought it over to Rick's shop and have been busting ass trying to finish it up.

I think we need some more red bull or SOMETHING.

We're still fabbing! But not too much left. :D Chassis should go to powder coat monday morning. Valentine's day is going to have to be short :eek:

The list: (no doubt forgetting lots of stuff:)
finish mocking up front shock mounts and bracing
make side panels
finish last interior panel between seat and trans
wiring
plumb brakes
rear firewall panel & weld tabs
build rear driveshaft
plumb radiator
plumb steering
mount p/s reservoir
build hood
finish welding up 2 seams on headers & fab brace
a few more triangulation bars in front
set up diffs
mount the twisted stitch ts-1seat that came in yesterday :bling::D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Damn, recruit as many people as you can & bust out some work on that thing! :smokin:

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
sick looking chasis, but seriously, is that really all the further it is? hope you have all the parts to finish it already!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
what are you using for front axle shafts? this thing is sick. id say shannon definently has some competition. looking forward for the show

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
300m shafts all the way around. we'll get some more pictures up later but now we need to get back to work.

Budgets about spent so cinder blocks will have to do.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Rick is using 300 m pro-4 dana 60 sized outer CVs from RCV performance and will be getting about 40 degrees of steering at full articulation. Inners are 934
300 m units for about 23 degrees of angle. Front travel is nice and progressive.

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
I'm curious to see how that full hydro ram is going to work with the IFS. its seems like at droop and stuff the steering would tend to act on the suspension almost as much as the steering direction. I assume people have addressed this before and its common on IFS rigs?

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I tell you guys what if you dont finish it in time load that sucker in the trailer and bring the parts with you. I'm down with wrenching as long as it takes for "rookie":D Dermo to get it going. Hope to see you guys there!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I'm glad you got the pics posted Rick. The rig looks awesome. :smokin: I'm with Doug...if you need something, we'll help however we can to get it done. You're not missing this year because of something small.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.