Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
more specifically what front axle with a 15x10 wheel with a 4.5 inch backspacing fit and clear the brakes? after searching ive vaguely found that they will fit on a chevy 60f? im still unclear about this

i can only assume that these wheels will fit something?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have 15" wheels on a ford D60 with 4" of BS. I had to grind the crap out of the brake caliper.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ordered 15 x 10 Pro-Comp Steelies with 2.75 BS.... will clear the Ford 60 and 14 bolt no probelms...hence no grinding!

:smokin:

·
Registered
867 Posts
I would guess they will will also fit the Jeep D44 Front. (8 lug version) I assume on a D44 the calipers are smaller than a d60

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Pyagid said:
I would guess they will will also fit the Jeep D44 Front. (8 lug version) I assume on a D44 the calipers are smaller than a d60
The calipers on an eight lug D44 are smaller than a D60, but the rotor has a larger diameter than the six lug D44, putting the caliper closer to the rim part of the wheel. Plan on grinding on an eight lug 44 also with 4.5" of backspacing.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
actualy with that much backspacing you will probly be running "reverse center" rims and these will cause problems other than just the caliper grinding if it come time to bead lock them

Is there a specific reason you want that much backspacing??
might be able to find a simple solution for you :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
need about 3 1/2" backspacing to fit 15's on a Ford Dana 60 and some griding on the dual piston calipers too.

·
Banned
7,673 Posts
I would stay in the 3 1/2" range with a Chevy 60 too. Mine are 3.75" and we had to grind quite a bit. took me and my buddy about 3 hours with two grinders running at the same time.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
i was wondering because the rims came with the tires i bought, i guess now i will be ditching them,

it just seems odd to me that they would make a rim that doesnt fit anything

who sells some cheep steel wheels with 3.5 inch backspacing?

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
jay diemme said:
i was wondering because the rims came with the tires i bought, i guess now i will be ditching them,

who sells some cheep steel wheels with 3.5 inch backspacing?
search and ye shal find :flipoff2: click here

·
Banned
7,673 Posts
jay diemme said:
They'll fit a Chevy/Dodge '60. just takes a lot of grinding. If I had the rims already I'd make them fit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts