Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any vehicle come stock with a 8 lug 20" or larger dia. rim? I am looking for an inexpensive (salvage) rim to fit my 8 on 6.5" lug pattern.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Is that 2nd picture a souble bead lock? If so thats like the one in this months petersons and looks pretty cool. On lighter rigs with michelins you could just pull the valve stem and wheel:D Could do without the stars:rainbow:

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Tires/Wheels LT265/70R17E OWL All-Season Tires
Included
17" x 8" Cast Aluminum Wheels
Included

That is the only wheel option listed for the 3500 SRW Dodge, and a 17 is also the only one listed for the DRW as well.
:confused:

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Looks like 19.5 Alcoas, pretty popular in the medium duty Lo-Profile sector...I am sure they will fit, but they arent factory...really dont see the point myself, but whatever floats the owners boat..

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Dose he spend a lot of time infront of a hugexlarge RV, or enclosed race trailer? I think the truck looks alright, I just dont see the point in "upgrading" to a wheel and tire combo that doesnt offer any advantage over the normal 16 incch wheels.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
liliysdad said:
Dose he spend a lot of time infront of a hugexlarge RV, or enclosed race trailer? I think the truck looks alright, I just dont see the point in "upgrading" to a wheel and tire combo that doesnt offer any advantage over the normal 16 incch wheels.
10K rated tires are not an upgrade??

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
For the capability of the truck, no, i dont consider them so. You can buy 16" tires that will handle anything the truck will, so why waste the money on the 19.5s? Like I said, its his truck, and it looks ok, just kind of pointless.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
liliysdad said:
For the capability of the truck, no, i dont consider them so. You can buy 16" tires that will handle anything the truck will, so why waste the money on the 19.5s? Like I said, its his truck, and it looks ok, just kind of pointless.
I think it's a good upgrade.

1: 2-3x the milage per set of tires.
2: The carcass is much less prone to wobble and deflection (think 17" vs 15" MTRs)
3: fewer tire worries overall, those 19.5's will do this :flipoff2: to a GCVW of 25,999.
4: Tires are easily, cheaply, and properly regrooved/retreaded.
5: Less rolling resistance = more MPG's. Even if it's only a 5% gain, figure that into 25000 miles a year at 15 mpg.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I think, personally, it is not a bad upgrade, just pointless. All the points you make a re quite valid, but the time it would take to recoup the 5000+ dollars it took to buy those things would have bought a LOT of 16" tires. But, its not mine, nor is it my money, so more power to him.:p

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
liliysdad said:
I think, personally, it is not a bad upgrade, just pointless. All the points you make a re quite valid, but the time it would take to recoup the 5000+ dollars it took to buy those things would have bought a LOT of 16" tires. But, its not mine, nor is it my money, so more power to him.:p
agreed

5K would buy me a LOT of :beer:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts