Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone modified a Corp. 14 to fit a 5 on 5-1/2 wheel??

I took some quick tape measure measurements and came up with a Hub diameter of the 14-bolt at 4.5? (FF naturally) and the center hole of a 5 on 5-1/2 rim at 4.25?. Looking at it, if you were able to take .25? off the diameter of the hub (that?s only 1/8? off each side), you could fit the wheel over it. Then redrill the flange for the 5 on 5-1/2.

Anybody done this?? Looked at it before?? How much meat is in a 14-bolt hub, and would the strength be significantly compromised if you turned it down a little.

Reason: I found a good deal on a corp 14 rear duelly application (63? wide so I have been told) and run a 5 on 5-1/2 (Scout) and do not really want to convert to 8-lug all the way around (new wheels and/or tires, 8-lug parts expensive and sometimes hard to find). And 63? is about the width I?m looking for.

-mark
________
HERBAL STORE

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
I don't see why you wouldnt want to go 8 lug all the way around, get knuckles out of a 3/4 ton chevy and you will have flat top knuckles also. This will also widen your front end so it matches the rear better. Seems like alot of work to keep your wheels, and I've priced scout parts I highly doupt they are cheaper then 3/4 ton chevy parts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
do a search for 8 lug to 6 lug conversion on this site. a guy named donavan did this conversion on a 14 bolt to 6 lug. it would be real easy to do the same only in 5x5.5 beacause the 6 bolt has the same 5.5 pattern. i was looking into this and found it cheaper and easir to stay 8 bolt especially since i added disc brakes.
Hope this helps. If you can't find the post let me know and I will find it and let you know.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Originally posted by RocnWilly:
<STRONG>do a search for 8 lug to 6 lug conversion on this site. a guy named donavan did this conversion on a 14 bolt to 6 lug. it would be real easy to do the same only in 5x5.5 beacause the 6 bolt has the same 5.5 pattern. i was looking into this and found it cheaper and easir to stay 8 bolt especially since i added disc brakes.
Hope this helps. If you can't find the post let me know and I will find it and let you know.</STRONG>

6 lug will barely fit, I doubt 5 on 5.5 will fit. Trust me its not worth doing, go 8 lug.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think it would be better to stay 8, cheaper, stronger, and not as custom.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
you might want to measure the dually rear. not all duallys are the 62-63" version. infact most are not. only the cab & chassis versions are narrow. just a heads up. measure before you buy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts