Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 95 F150 I am doing a SAS. I have a 79 FORD D44 with the standard 5 on 5.5 lug pattern, also a 10.25 with the standard 8 lug pattern. My question is to I change the rear to 5 lug or the front to 8?? What all is invovled and what do I need?? I have searched but i got no real answer. Also please feel free to Flame away. Thanks:flipoff2:

·
Registered
251 Posts
The easiest way will be to go to 8 lug. You can swap the knuckles out with parts from a Ford 3/4 ton Dana44.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone else??

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
ok for a little variation you could use FSJ (fullsize jeep) 44 fronts off a J20 or such and get 8 lug and flat top knuckles:flipoff2:
what else ya want? :D

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
actualy doesnt the later year fordss use a wierd 8 lug on metric pattern??
whatever, your call. replace the fronts or get new shat for the rear.
about the same eather way

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
The newest ford's do use a different pattern for their 8 lug stuff. 8 on 160mm or something like that

·
Registered
540 Posts
53CJ3aFlattie said:
Ok I have a 95 F150 I am doing a SAS. I have a 79 FORD D44 with the standard 5 on 5.5 lug pattern, also a 10.25 with the standard 8 lug pattern. My question is to I change the rear to 5 lug or the front to 8?? What all is invovled and what do I need?? I have searched but i got no real answer. Also please feel free to Flame away. Thanks:flipoff2:
First of all make sure the 10.25 is not the 8 lug metric shit. If it is then time to find another donor axle.

The D44 is easy to swap to 8 lug but you are going to have to find an 8 lug donor anyway. I would sell the 5 lug D44 and find a 8 lugger. Problem there is the 8 lugger will be leaf spring not coiled. Not sure what suspension you are planning so it may not matter. If you do want to swap then just swap out the knuckles and call it good.

Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts