Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 86 GMC 3/4 ton with an auto so i don't have the tach I just have the big fuel gauge. I want to put a tach in and i would love to have an OEM look. Anyone know where i can find the cluster that would have the tach on the right side with the small fuel gauge under it? I looked around in the junk yards but there ann in vert poor shape. My truck looks nice and the inside is even better so i would like to keep it nice.. I looked around on LMC but there PDF files suck to search.

Oh and if i found one from what i can tell i can swap it in and the tach should work. Seem i have the tach wire in the harness. Well the book shows it anyway. That true?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Good luck.
They are pretty rare.
I got a buddy who might have one. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
521 Posts
i have three two of them in trucks... and one on the shelf might be sold... anytime i saw one i bought it... they were hard to find i will say...i kind of ran into them and bought them

·
Registered
201 Posts
Man these are rare

Ebay usually has a few. but watch out for 6cyl. and 8 cyl. tachs most dont say so u might have to chance it. Some of the gauges are out of c60's and they usually have a vaccuum or air psi gauge where the small fuel gauge goes and the fuel gauge is in the same part as the tach just a little underneath it. I bought one off of ebay and I have two others mine are all 73-80. Once in a while you can find one for a diesel.

There is 3 on ebay out of 73-80 and one 81-87. all of those are on the first page if you search (factory chevy tach) The eightys model has the fuel gauge under the tach and a clock but only goes up to 4 grand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts