Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, went and looked at an 81 e-350 Quigley converted 4x4 van last night. I really like it. It was dark out so I didn't get a good look at everything.
Looks like a D44 up front, wasn't sure on the rear. (any ideas?)
460,C6, NP205.
I am going back to look at it tommorow in the daylight to have a closer look and to test drive it .
Anything I need to watch out for?
Any way to tell if its actually a quigley?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
it will be most likely a d61 rear end...(similar to the 60)..

it probably is a 44 with chevy brakes...

just make sure the bushings in the radius arms are good...other than that..standard ford van rot..steps on the doors and back of the van..

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
:grinpimp:
You mean other than lot lizards?:D

I think these things are great tow rigs.
I do love mine...but she's 2wd for the ride...the truck on the trailer is for when the van gets tooo stuck...:grinpimp:

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
LOL!! This thing is hiding over in your neck of the woods bro. I thought you had already called dibbs on all the lot lizards over that way!

Um, is it the old Ambulance turned Ice Cream truck?:D

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
That is awesome. Nice purchase.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
just saw this on expo.....I would cover the floor..and paint everything inside white...

that way its white walls and wood floor...the paneling they put in those is awful lookin...unless ya have shag carpet!!:grinpimp:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Recently picked up a 1 ton chevy K-van... I love it so far. Not had a chance to tow yet but it hauls great... Carried axles and an AMC 360 and couldn't even tell it was there.
I checked all the standard stuff:
check oil before driving
check tanny fluid before driving
while driving check for vibrations and wierd shifting
check fluids after driving. Bad tranny fuid will smell super burnt
if oil goes from clean to dirty after driving it might need an engine soon
if the seller will allow it do a cooling system pressure check or compression check (compression check will be hard on that vehicle). I am sure there is some stuff I am mssing but you get the idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts