Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok........PLEASE HELP!!!! i got this 1981 scrambler that is gonna be kickazz when it's done!!!! and i do mean kickazz!!!! but....i cannot find a replacement panel that is rusted out like crazy! the panel i need is the side panel, or the piece that starts at the firewall and goes under the door and extends about 8 inches past the rocker!!! nobody has this piece! i am running outta patience here!!! can i just order a piece from a CJ-7 and use that??? what will work!!! PLEASE HELP!!! later, riggs

·
thhhpptthh!
46,772 Posts
jriggs said:
ok........PLEASE HELP!!!! i got this 1981 scrambler that is gonna be kickazz when it's done!!!! and i do mean kickazz!!!! but....i cannot find a replacement panel that is rusted out like crazy! the panel i need is the side panel, or the piece that starts at the firewall and goes under the door and extends about 8 inches past the rocker!!! nobody has this piece! i am running outta patience here!!! can i just order a piece from a CJ-7 and use that??? what will work!!! PLEASE HELP!!! later, riggs
maybe noone has it because its not a "piece" per-say. its actually part of the body. Make one. Or cut it off.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can't cut it off.........because this is not my trail rig.......it's gonna still rin trails......but it's keeping the shape of a scrambler!!!! so, i have someone that will "build" new panels....but it's gonna cost an arm and a leg to have it done custom! so all i wanna know is if there is any difference between the front sections of a CJ-7 tub and a CJ-8 tub....i was gonna grab replacement panels from a 7 and use those!!! later, riggs

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wrangler tub does not match........want it to match.......and if i have to go to a yard to cut it off a wrangler i might as well cut it off a CJ. IS A CJ-7 TUB THE SAME AS A CJ-8?????

IS A CJ-7 TUB THE SAME AS A CJ-8????? later, riggs

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
the tubs are identical from the door striker plate forward.

1) I'll bet you a box of cookies that the wrangler rocker fits perfectly for your needs

2) I'll bet you a box of cookies you can't find a CJ rocker worth saving in the tri-state area.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
jriggs said:
wrangler tub does not match........want it to match.......and if i have to go to a yard to cut it off a wrangler i might as well cut it off a CJ. IS A CJ-7 TUB THE SAME AS A CJ-8?????

IS A CJ-7 TUB THE SAME AS A CJ-8????? later, riggs
Everyone back away slowly.......

I think he's gonna pop!

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have a replacement CJ7 panel that you are talking about from a parts trade that I did a year ago. I can't remember if it was driver or passenger side though, I think driver. I am Buffalo, NY and the panel is in Rochester, NY. Make me an offer and it is yours. I don't know if you are close enough to p/u or you need it sent. Let me know: [email protected]

Jason

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
shit dude, slow down or your heart is gonna go Pop.

you can buy that crap in JCshitney if you have to.

--yeah, a cj7/cj5/cj8/ tub-rocker is all the same. the cj-8 has
a little more material than the others. obviously.

--Sherpa

it's like a 60 dollar item............seriously.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts