Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just put a sr5 cluster in my dlx & everything works as far as I can tell but the tach. from what I understand it should of been plug & play, everything should have work including the tach. I have no idea were to hook the tach wire up to @ the coil or which pin on the cluster it hooks up to either. also how can I test the tach to see if it even works ?

thank you very much.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so the tach wire hooks up to the "-" (neg) on the coil, but what pin for the back of the cluster ?

thank you.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Pull off your cluster and follow the tach wirestrip to where it would be pinned. Not that hard.

And do this while it's off.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the tach has three pins, so which one ? I dont want to burn it out.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
on my 81, i swapped in a cluster with a tach in place of my non sr5 (no tach) cluster and the tach works only when it wants to. it'll work for days, and then go for days and not work. everything was plug and play, no wire had to be connected to the coil. just a heads up, may be a bad tach. all the other gauges and lights work fine all the time.

·
Registered
222 Posts
on my 80 i installed an aftermarket tach on my non tach cluster. i tapped into a yellow wire on the big round plug i believe. a6 might be right. maybe a wire is broken. is your cluster for sure good? i can check at my work for sure on monday but it should be yellow wire on the big round plug. unless 80 and 81 are diff

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, I just got a new cluster yesterday & the tach works perfect. so the other cluster has a dead tach :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts