Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
Are you going to replace any of the OEM drivetrain components, besides the axles? Also, what are you going to do with that tailgate?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Captain Air Time said:
what will you suspend it with?
coilovers and air shocks

Aces'n'8s said:
Are you going to replace any of the OEM drivetrain components, besides the axles?
300 is staying, getting rid of the trans and tcase, going to an np435 and a 203/205 doubler.

Aces'n'8s said:
Also, what are you going to do with that tailgate?
cut a section out of it so it fits. i will prob make it swing to the side rather than drop down like a normal tailgate.

·
Registered
824 Posts
looks awesome man. I wish i got to see it. I just graduated today. Im off to cali to go The Fab School since i couldnt get in to chassis fab.

Keep the pictures comming!

btw where did you get new castle in a can!? and your room looks like my house did before my landlord made me throw away all the bottles:mad3:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
plug ugly said:
sweet, but that cage needs some more support.
haha, the back support tube for that cage isnt even tacked in, just wedged in there. it should hold, the curbs arent going to knock it loose.

bigjakesxj said:
what size are the Iroks
iroks are 39.5 on 17" cragars with DIY4X locks tig'd on. the actual lock rings arent on there, they are just mounted normally. i didnt have time to mount all of them with the lock rings.

plug ugly said:
havent you finished the other one yet?
the 78 is pretty much done. a bunch of small stuff left.

plug ugly said:
oh, more shots of the taper job please, floor board and inner fenders in particular.
i dont have any pictures of the dovetail, and im in CT for the next week or so. but it was pretty easy. i cut out the inner fender wells. marked at the rear how far in i wanted to move em. decided where to start the taper (right where the floor kicks up). i drew a straight line that connected the start to the new location of the bedsides. i then made 2 more cuts, one along that line, and one parallel with the bedsides, so i took a wedge shape out of the floor. i tried to push the sides in, but it didnt want to move that much. so we sawzalled a wedge out of the top of the bedrail right where the taper starts, and they pulled right in. right now, the sides are just tacked on. I am going to start finishing that in 2 months or so. at the same time, i also have to cut out more of the floor to fit the taller kick ups of the new frame. the body is just on there temp, once its on the final body mounts, it should be 4-6" lower. the axles and frame are at the correct ride height.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts