Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have 2 trade offers on my 91 ranger prerunner. I took the ranger on a trade for what I had hoped to be my full time rig( I had bartered for a 95 f250 4x4 farm truck.It seemed like a good idea, but I had no where near the amount of money to make it a daily driver. Even after spending two weekends at the junkyard).The ranger was already a daily driver so I took it hoping to get closer to what I need/wanted. So any advice on which would make a better full time rig and why would be greatly appreciated

92 Chevy blazer fullsize 4x4
All blazers this year have the z71 offroad package
Towing package
233,000miles Truck has been has been rebuilt
Has 350 tbi motor from Jasper Engines
700r4 trans 203 transfer case Good Tires New fuel pump New fuel injectors
New power steering pump and lines New tie rods New hd Water pump
MSD coil New wires New plugs New accelll cap & rotor New cat
New starter New sensors Flowmaster muffler Intake manifold gasket
Tbi rebuilt New Trans dapt Throtle body spacer
Hypertech TBI Power Charger
Cragar cryogenic performance brake rotors sloted and drilled
Russell Performance ss brake lines New calipers Rancho Shocks
Optima red top drycell batery 3.5 inch touch screen dvd player
Pioneer speakers in the front Kenwood speakers in the rear
12 inch Sub and 700 what amp all the wiring is soldered and wrapped + more A/C compressor just went out
Interior is in good shape except for the head liner
the exterior is in decent shape

or
for sale bronco 83 4x4
engine 351(5.8) 144k
lifed 6"
tires good 35s
transmission good. has pass emissions. ac not working. interior in nice condition. body and paint ok. manual locking hubs.

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
I'd take the chevy, but I'm a little biased.

But since when did a 203 come behind a 700r4 in a 92 blazer? Somethings not right there, I highly doubt anyone swapped it in.

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
The words "jasper" and "engine" tell me stay away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Based on looks the bronco is really nice (all white) with the lift. It looks like it had a soft top at one time because there are snaps installed.
The blazer is still stock. I havent been able to look at either one yet. The bronco owner looked at my ranger when I wasnt home and wanted to trade that night.
The blazer sounds better maintained but with out a visual inspection they are just words.

spidr: should i be looking for something tell tale on the transfercase?

dieselboy740 : I know what you mean, i have heard horror stories about over-boring the cylinders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey howyadoin::flipoff2:

"When the fuck did this board become the "what piece of shit should I buy", "what piece of shit should I trade my current piece of shit for", or "what is my current piece of shit worth" zone??? It's a tech section....for tech"

Dumbass we are trying to use the technology that others have about this subject hence the title "general 4x4 discussion" . If we wern't going to discuss this it would be a monologue which is a prolonged talk or discourse by a single speaker, especially one dominating or monopolizing a conversation.
Or in your case a part of a drama in which a single actor speaks alone; soliloquy.

Don't worry I won't be on your precious fucking board any more since I do not want to be associated with anything that allows assholes like you!
GOOD DAY SIR!

:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
what fucking truck should I buy belongs in the newbie section. Try reading some of the builds in this section, and think hard if your question belongs here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts