Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can you boys tell me about this engine. All I know is I've got the complete car, it's fuel injected, backed by a 5 speed, and is long as a mofo. It's a straight six, N/A. Is it worth a damn, or should I scrap it, or try and use it in something? All I know is, it isn't going in my Toy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My buddy is looking for a bellhousing and flywheel out of one of these cars. He is going to use a Lexus motor and needs these parts to put the motor is his truck.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well get up with me or PM me in a couple of days or weeks if he hasn't found anything. I've got the complete car and I have no idea what to do with it.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
150 horse, good torque for a small (displacement) engine. Can easily be turbocharged. Easily adaptable to a toyota truck transmission. Good solid engine, reliable. I have one I swapped in my car, still working on getting the bugs worked out. Me and EFI don't get along so well.....but as far as EFI systems go, this one is pretty simple.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Lon wlf said:
My buddy is looking for a bellhousing and flywheel out of one of these cars. He is going to use a Lexus motor and needs these parts to put the motor is his truck.
What lexus motor can you use with the 5M bellhousing and flywheel?

·
Registered
81 Posts
My friend is going to put the Lexus motor in his 85 toy with dual cases, HP 44's and 38.5 boggers. The motor is like a 90 something straight 6. It is suposed to be the same block as a Supra but has 250 horse stock. He will be buying the motor next month so it will be a little while before he gets it running with the new motor.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
yeah, that car. It's basically a direct swap, the engine electronics are almost identical (a few minor differences, no biggie, I just mixed and matched parts). Should be up and running this weekend, but then again, I've been saying that for months now. And like I said, these are stout little engines, they would make a good, relatively easy swap. There is a writeup on an '84 pickup on 4x4wire.com, if your interested. I almost swapped this one in my truck, but the idea of a small block keeps coming back around. HTH

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Lon wlf said:
My friend is going to put the Lexus motor in his 85 toy with dual cases, HP 44's and 38.5 boggers. The motor is like a 90 something straight 6. It is suposed to be the same block as a Supra but has 250 horse stock. He will be buying the motor next month so it will be a little while before he gets it running with the new motor.
Sorry, you cannot use the 5M parts on a 2JZ motor. Lexus never used the 7M, at least not in the states. You are thinking about the 2JZGE. This block is almost identical to the 7M, but they do not use the same bolt pattern on the engine block(kinda stupid if you ask me). He will also have to get the bellhousing and flywheel from the 2JZ.

·
Registered
81 Posts
He was told by another guy that did this swap that was the belhousing he needed. The person that is givivng him the info works at Lexus and put one in a 4runner and put twin turbo's on it but it was tearing the truck apart so the motor is going into a car. I don't know shit about Lexus so I'm just telling you what I was told.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Lon wlf said:
He was told by another guy that did this swap that was the belhousing he needed. The person that is givivng him the info works at Lexus and put one in a 4runner and put twin turbo's on it but it was tearing the truck apart so the motor is going into a car. I don't know shit about Lexus so I'm just telling you what I was told.
The guy is full of it. He never did that. If he did, he would know it would not work. Go tell your friend to tell the guy at lexus to stop telling BS stories. Damn, I hate people like that. There could be a 4runner with that motor, but this guy obviosly would not have done the work himself and is taking credit for someone else.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts