Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned the jeep for 12 years. It started life as an 83 Limited. I bought it as a completely wore out piece of crap for too much money.

It has been through all the normal progressions from everything out of the quadratec catalogue to it is now sitting on one tons with an LS1. There is nothing really new or extraordinary about it. I wish I had the confidence in my fab skills when I started that I have now bc I would have gone with a 4 link in the rear and 3 link up front. That is on my "one day" list. My biggest regret is I think it is too tall. I want to lower it down to get a better CG. Still need to finish my cage and traction bar and cut that damn stinger off. Just thought I'd share.

Specs:

100" WB
Dana 60 front w/ARB and 5.13's
Yukon 35 spl 4340 shfts w/ CTM joints
Yukon 35 spl locking hubs
14 Bolt rear w/ARB and 5.13's w/ discs
1.5" RE SOA springs w/ RC 2.2 shafts
42" Iroks on H2's
LS1 w/ Crane cam n a little head work
4L65E
Atlas II 3.8
High Angle 42 1410 rear shaft
Carolina D-line 1410 front shaft
AGR hydro assist w/BTF high steer arm
Vanco hydroboost
Genright corners
Homemade sliders

Can't find any original pics.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360967944.392403.jpg

·
Registered
598 Posts
Looks great! Very clean work. How do you like the yukon 35 spline outers and hubs? Gonna be going the same route on my 60f someday soon.

Subscribed:)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks great! Very clean work. How do you like the yukon 35 spline outers and hubs? Gonna be going the same route on my 60f someday soon.

Subscribed:)
I just installed them a few weeks ago and don't have any trail use on them yet. They appear pretty bad ass though. Low profile, easy to install, and they seem much much beefier than the warns. The thing I like the best is they fail to lock.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Going to start on a traction bar tomorrow and get a plan together for my cage. I would really like to do a full rear cage but not sure. Should I scrap the main hoop and build a whole cage from scrap? Below is a pic of a cage that was in a Jeep that Durham built. Thoughts? ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361070067.315320.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361070215.048753.jpg

Attachments

·
Vendor
11,816 Posts
You're welcome!! :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts