Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know if a disc brake backing plate from an 83 Toy mini is the same as that of my 77 FJ40. Mine got chewed up and I've located one online from a guy, but want to know if it will bolt up the same with no problems. If anyone has any insight on this I'd appreciate it. :confused:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come to find out when I reassembled everything after I blew my birf, I put the dust shield flange on incorrectly, and after a little time it began to wear down till the heads of the wheel studs started to grind against the bolt heads that hold the spindle on the knuckle. :emb4: It had finally had enough while out Turkey hunting with my kid up in Peason Ridge, Louisiana.

·
Registered
210 Posts
They are the same, as when I did my bearings on my pig, i had to replace one, and the only thing i could get was from a 79 mini truck... Free is a much better price than Toyota offers!!!

Cheers
Tyler
:fj:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
They are not the same, exactly. the provisions for mounting the brake line junction is different. If you drill out the spot welded mini truck elbow bracket, you can install the lad cruiser brake junction, but you willbe missing the welded on nuts, so run just install some nuts there.

-Brett

1 - 6 of 6 Posts