Pirate 4x4 banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Please get the bed liner away from the truck.....that stuff is meant for the inside of the bed....I think it looks like shit on the outside. But I guess to each his own.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Hmmm..... the other pics aren't showing up. I hate being outsmarted by this computer!

The tail gate will be one of three things, a net, a bracket that holds 3 jerry cans or a bracket that holds 6 cans. The bumper will lock flush with the bed, extend out to hold the three or fully extend to hold the six. Looks good on paper anyway, we will see how it pans out.

Mmmmmmmm...bedliner :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Okie dokie. I drew up a front and rear bumper design recently and took it over to John. I am thrilled with how it is coming along. It is being painted now and I will get pics posted as soon as it is completed.

Drawing....

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
watch out for your eyes on that bumper :flipoff2:

in fact its really hurting my eyes way over here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
Stole a couple fenders off little brothers truck. cut a couple inchs out of the center and rewelded....

Sorry it looks like a lo-rider at this point. I feel so dirty. Hopefully the fenders will be mounted later tonight. Yahoo.

Rear bumper is designed to hold 3 5 gallon cans. We will run fuel lines to the tank for extra capacity.

·
Registered
802 Posts
wow..lots of work but looking great! Some guys dont like the liner..but living in a place with a lot of salt you learn to like it lol! If your brother needs a parts truck for his stepside..have a friend with one in springfield mo, that has a ton of parts...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I just like the look of a stepside, I'm a kid of the 80s, go figure :D

We are looking for a new stepside 60s bed, would love to get some contact info if it is handy.

Just got the seats added. Gotta lift the rear up some and install a slightly wider axle and some one inch spacers to let the tires poke out a little.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Could you get more pictures of the Stepside bed, Im a fan of step sides but i can't find that look right.
I will get some more soon. I really need to get the axles moved first though. They aren't centered and the old leaves sag a bunch, so it doesn't look quite right yet.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts