Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this up........122k+miles(odometer broke) everything works great just has some rust issues in the rear(like most yota's) Already sanded and primed most the rust, wasnt able to do much with the spots that are all the way through since I cant weld yet. Yes I know there isnt any tech but I also know these are very rare

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
congratulations on your rare purchase. looking forward to pics of the sheetmetal repair. are you gonna use bondo? what color are you going to paint it? keep us updated.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope not to have to use bondo, hope to find someone that can do good metal work. Im thinking of painting it ethier silver or burnt orange.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Or you could sell it to me, I'd be more than happy to fix everything for free then.:D Really though, I'd have to leave it somewhat stock and DD the piss out of it. Cool find. Body rust or frame rot???

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The frame is in great shape nothing but surface rust. Just some minor body, if you look behind the rear wheel opening in the pictures you can see the worst of the rust.

Im thinking Im going to have it repainted a burnt orange so that it is close to stock. The title says it is brown, but its faded enough to be a brunt orange now.

Time to go rip the nasty ass carpet out and make sure there isnt any rust on the inside.

Oh this is going to be my DD/toy but living in florida it wont see anything to severe

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Very cool find.

Right after I got my Drivers licenses I drooled all over a new one on the dealer lot. Thought it was the coolest truck ever.

The rot in the bed is really not bad. Any semi decent body shop should be able to fix that.

As rare as that is I would say fix the rust, paint it the stock color and enjoy it. It is only increasing in value at this point.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wabfab when ever you come to pick up that 4runner from unclebob let me know I only live 10 min from him.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
which bumper the front or rear there both ugly as sin.

after about 2 hours of work Im to this point, had to stop to go to the inlaws

Not a drop of rust on the inside :) only problem is the passenger seat wont come out cause the bolts I guessed broke and a OP welded the seat bracket down

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
repaint it orange and get a set of those old school dukes of hazard style wheels and drive the hell out of it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
anyone have any idea where I might be able to find seals for the rear side windows?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts